PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Train Needed

SimonH
14th October 2009, 02:32 PM
Hi all!

I'm in need of a wooden train to borrow for a prop in a film. It's a gift from a grandfather to a boy, under the premise that he has been secretly working hard on it for sometime before the big moment. There are close up shots of it as the boy really examines it with all the love and attention of a boy that has never recieved a gift before.

Please let me know if you have any such toy that could be of use! = )

In addition, we are looking for a suitable shed to film a few shots (a few hours shooting) in. Again, this is where the grandfather has been hiding away crafting this masterpiece. I imagine most of you would have the practical scene to match my envisioned one since that is it's exact purpose. Please let me know if you have such a shed that you are willing to have a few scenes filmed inside.

Kind Regards,

Simon Holland

[email protected]

:2tsup:

scotty60
14th October 2009, 07:47 PM
What no response yet, are you all busy building a train and cleaning up the sheds??

SimonH
14th October 2009, 08:17 PM
Hopefully! Because the Beginner's Guide to Building Wooden Trains is quite a formidable piece of literature, i hope i don't have to tackle it myself!

scotty60
14th October 2009, 08:26 PM
Someone out there has to have a train.(not me yet)

Sir Stinkalot
14th October 2009, 08:41 PM
I have just finished a batch of 10 trains .... unfortunately some distance from WA however. :C

AUSSIE
14th October 2009, 09:06 PM
There is a really nice one I saw at Queenscliff VIC At a woodclub show in a church hall.Some of the Geelong guys should know who ownes it.This is a top model.
You havent mentioned how much money.That may make a difference.:D

Sturdee
14th October 2009, 09:54 PM
You havent mentioned how much money.That may make a difference.:D

Saw that on TV tonight someone made $ 2000 for renting out their house for one day for a TV shoot.

Now most of us consider our workshop even more important than our house so how much would a shoot in our workshop be worth? :D

Peter.

horse123
17th October 2009, 08:21 AM
there are some trains on this web site WWW.terryswoodentoys.com.au (http://www.terryswoodentoys.com.au)
cheers horse :D