PDA

View Full Version : Gkockemann Peck pump

HUON
15th October 2009, 08:57 PM
Just purchased a Glockemann Peck water pump recently. All it needs is approx. 1 to 8lt a second of water flow (min), a 1mt drive head or drop and at our place will pump up to 70 plus mtrs to a 11,500gal tank, then the overflow will end up in our dam. Just waiting on the tank. All based on gravity and effeciency.Nice to know that water isn't ending up in Melbourne when that fire front is fast approaching.

joe greiner
16th October 2009, 07:33 PM
Seems to be an improved version of the old "hydraulic ram" (the term as used in civil engineering vs. usage in machine design) with apparently higher efficiency. Probably quieter too.

Cheers,
Joe

HUON
16th October 2009, 08:05 PM
When you consider that some of the pump can be submerged in the stream, it's probably quieter than a randy frog.

burraboy
20th October 2009, 06:54 AM
got any pics or links?

HUON
20th October 2009, 07:21 AM
Yep, www.gpe-waterpumps.com (http://www.gpe-waterpumps.com) , [email protected], cheers.

burraboy
21st October 2009, 06:28 AM
looks good!

HUON
21st October 2009, 04:03 PM
They're quite happy to send out a cd which shows the pump working in various streams and also how it's put together (no charge). They're good people to deal with.
There are a couple of neighbours on the Kiewa River who have had the Glockemann pump a lot longer than me and are very happy with it's performance.

HUON
24th November 2009, 01:04 PM
The pumps installed and running along nicely. Thank the gods,god,mother nature,whatever,whichever for rain, any luck we'll get some more soon.

InterTD6
25th November 2009, 10:06 PM
what was the cost of the pump?
regards inter

HUON
25th November 2009, 10:23 PM
Just over $1800 plus freight,with a head of 1mt she'll pump up to 200mt. also you can adjust the throttle to match the flow of water in your stream. Check out their website and download the pdfs. Cheers mate. And don't be afraid to call them , they're easy people to deal with.

InterTD6
26th November 2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks for that I didnt download anything & I didnt see any prices on the other pages, makes me nervous when sellers cant display a simple price for their product.
regards inter

HUON
3rd February 2010, 09:23 PM
As I said, get in touch with them ,talk to them,if you don't ask you won't be any the wiser.