PDA

View Full Version : Bunnings Router Bits

Arry
17th October 2009, 01:53 PM
I was in Bunnings the other day looking for something unrelated and came across a kit of router bits.

For the life of me I cannot remember the name but they sell them in kits of 6 or 12 I think.

Anyone bought one of these? They say they can be sharpened.

Significantly cheaper than say Carbatec.

Superbunny
17th October 2009, 04:54 PM
Arry, there is alot said about buying quality bits, however, I have a set of these from the big green shed and they have done me fine and seem good value for the price. Now, however, I go for quality when I can and always for a bit that I use often.:D:D

SB

snowyskiesau
17th October 2009, 04:57 PM
Agreed. The set I bought from Bunnies about 18 months ago are still going strong.
I've also bought bits (and saw blades) from SawandBits (http://sawandbits.com/).

blue3.3
17th October 2009, 05:49 PM
I have a set of these and for the most part do the job they dont seem to stay sharp for long and the bearings arent to good that being said they can be sharped and bearings can be replaced they are a good place to start

Arry
17th October 2009, 06:10 PM
Many thanks guys, just tried ordering from Saw and Bits but when I got the invoice it doesn't have his account number on it, strange, only his BSB, account name and something called a swift code?

Doesn't look like you can buy from him in sets either?

issatree
17th October 2009, 07:00 PM
Hi Blue3.3,
I could be wrong here, but I was always told to drop the Bits with Bearings into a jar of Kerosene, & that is supposed to keep them in good nick.
Our Melb. Wood Show ends Sun. 18th. Oct. 2009. & today I bought a
Fine, 800Grit Easy Lap Sharpener, 102 x 52mm. brand new for $10, as it had come away from it's Wooden Holder.
This is the type of Piece you may need to touch/sharpen those Router Bits, & quite often.
Regards,
issatree.

Tex B
18th October 2009, 09:55 AM
Many thanks guys, just tried ordering from Saw and Bits but when I got the invoice it doesn't have his account number on it, strange, only his BSB, account name and something called a swift code?

Doesn't look like you can buy from him in sets either?

A swift code is for international transfers, and identifies the bank. Odd they would leave the account number off if they want a direct deposit. A phone call or email should get you the info.