PDA

View Full Version : Baby Change Table

DavidW
9th August 2004, 01:34 PM
I am under orders to produce a result from all the tools I have been buying recently. A bit unreasonable I thought but whats a bloke to do. To keep the peace I am chasing a plan for a baby change table. I have found one or two but but would like a few option to give the boss.

Any assistance appreciated.

Sprog
9th August 2004, 02:08 PM
Baby Changing Table (http://www.am-wood.com/july99/baby.html)

cyclops
9th August 2004, 08:03 PM
Hi David

I made one for our own use three year ago and here's the a drawing of it.
The corpi (?? the boxes with shelves in it) are made of MDF the doors and drawers are made of beech. The two doors measure 80 by 40 and the drawer section is 43 cm wide. The working height is higher than most but I really like that, it much easier on the back. I can make more pictures and get more measures if you want.

Jasper

Ben from Vic.
9th August 2004, 09:40 PM
Hi Jasper.

Are you really in the Netherlands, or do you live in one of the southern states? :)

Ben.

cyclops
9th August 2004, 10:22 PM
Are you really in the Netherlands, or do you live in one of the southern states? Hi Ben

No I live in the version that's a country in Europe.
This version:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/1553/jongen.jpg

So what's "the Netherlands" in southern Australia?

Jasper

Ben from Vic.
10th August 2004, 11:39 AM
Well hello there, I don't think I've ever bumped into anyone who hails from that part of the world before (on this BB :) ).

How long is it since your country was officialy called Holland?

People who live in the state of Victoria (my state) are sometimes called Mexicans by the people who live in the more notherly states, because we live "south of the border". :D

I thought Netherlands may have been another reference to people living in the lower part of OZ. ;)

Ben.

PaulS
10th August 2004, 12:01 PM
David
I made a change table see this thread for the discussion and pics.
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=8657

Sorry no plan, just some pics, Good luck.

Sturdee
10th August 2004, 05:47 PM
How long is it since your country was officialy called Holland.

Ben, as a former citizen of the Netherlands, I can assure you that it has never been officially called Holland.

It has always been " The Netherlands " or by its formal and correct name " Kingdom of the Netherlands" or in Dutch "Het Koningkreik Der Nederlanden".

Holland ( both North and South ) are provinces, albeit the most important ones, of that country. To call it Holland is the same as if everybody overseas called Australia by the name of its 2 most important states Victoria and NSW. :D :D :D

Peter.

cyclops
10th August 2004, 06:04 PM
Hi Ben

The Netherlands has 12 provinces, two of these are North and South Holland. These two were once a country called Holland. But the Netherlands as it is now has never been called anything but the Netherlands. Foreigners keep calling it Holland. Partly because we still assume they won't know the Netherlands and keep telling them we're from Holland. Come to think of it my previous picture did not do much good either in that respect: most wooden shoes are sold in Amsterdam to tourists, windmills we keep for sentiment (we do use the modern windmills for energy), we do grow flowers (in the province North Holland mainly), and we do eat and make a lot of cheese.

As for the fact that I'm a little far away from you people, yes I am. I don't think I'll be attending any of your woodworkingshows, the powertool sections are not always very usefull (I've never seen any tool called Triton), some of the woodspecies are not very common here. But other than that I love the board and find the info really helpfull.

Jasper

Just notticed Peter already posted a reply. Although I don't agree on the fact that North and South Holland are the most important provinces. But since Peter is from Amsterdam (North Holland) he would have to say that.:D

BobR
10th August 2004, 09:32 PM
Hi David,

Check this site out. http://www.woodzone.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=WOS&Category_Code=CTP

Bob

Ben from Vic.
10th August 2004, 09:56 PM
Geography and Woodworking on the one BB!.

Here I was thinking I was really smart knowing that Holland was now know as the Netherlands. :o

Bugger. ;)

Learn something new everyday. :D

Ben.

Sturdee
10th August 2004, 11:56 PM
I've never seen any tool called Triton.

Jasper,

In that case we better enlighten you. A Triton workcentre is a workbench made by an Aussie company that converts a power saw into either a docking saw or a table saw. They also make many additions to that bench to allow better use of that workcentre as well as the best router and router table.

See their website for more information.http://www.triton.net.au/front.shtml

Peter.

cyclops
11th August 2004, 01:54 AM
Sturdee

Turns out they have a dutch website and everything. Looks like they just started though. Maybe in a couple of years I'll join the Triton forum. At the risk of being thrown of the forum: it looks like a yellow B&D Workmate.:rolleyes:

David, sorry for messing up your thread.

Jasper

DavidW
13th August 2004, 08:01 AM
Thanks for all the replies, I will pass the examples on to the boss and announce the winner later.

Cyclops, no worries mate it's rare that a thread doesn't wander of in some weird direction, it's part of what gives this site its character.

DanP
13th August 2004, 02:07 PM
it looks like a yellow B&D Workmate.:rolleyes:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek: