PDA

View Full Version : Alder goblet

Ad de Crom
23rd October 2009, 12:57 AM
Just before we are going to the subtropic park ''het Vennenbos'' for a long weekend with the whole family, for making swimming fun, and a lot more, finished this alder goblet.
75mm at the top of the goblet, and tall 240mm.
Cheers, Ad

Gil Jones
23rd October 2009, 04:13 AM
Nice goblet, Ad.

bowl-basher
23rd October 2009, 08:14 AM
As usual Ad just superb work
can you PM me details of you oval turning set up as I would like to try this on my new lathe
Regards
Graham
Bowl-Basher

Ozkaban
23rd October 2009, 10:49 AM
Nice goblet. I like the tapered shape of the cup - a bit different!

Cheers,
Dave

Ad de Crom
23rd October 2009, 05:42 PM
As usual Ad just superb work
can you PM me details of you oval turning set up as I would like to try this on my new lathe
Regards
Graham
Bowl-Basher
Graham, it is a pleasure for me to send you the details of the oval turning set up.
Have a design drawing, and detail drawings of all the parts.
PM you in the begin of next week, after coming back home from the subtropic park, okay.
Ad

jefferson
23rd October 2009, 10:31 PM
Ad,

this is the first piece from the other side of the world (from you anyway) that I don't like. Not my taste. The stem is too fussy. And the line on the bottom of the chalice is too steep.

But you know me, a novice giving advice to an expert. :D:D

We must send you some "hard" stuff over for you to turn. Our woods hold detail so very well.

But keep 'em coming. Particularly the oval stuff - we are all engrossed.

tea lady
23rd October 2009, 10:44 PM
Ad,

this is the first piece from the other side of the world (from you anyway) that I don't like. Not my taste. The stem is too fussy. And the line on the bottom of the chalice is too steep.

But you know me, a novice giving advice to an expert. :D:D

We must send you some "hard" stuff over for you to turn. Our woods hold detail so very well.

But keep 'em coming. Particularly the oval stuff - we are all engrossed. Jeez Jeff! A bit tough aren't you? :doh: Its nice. A really interesting shape. Not too fussy. I like it.:cool:

artme
24th October 2009, 07:33 AM
Ad , you have turned out another well made article.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Not exactly to my tastes, but that is beside the point.

Are there any Alder trees left sinc you took up this addiction?:D:p:p:p