PDA

View Full Version : Experimenting

corbs
23rd October 2009, 08:47 PM
Really poor execution but thought I would share my first attempt at inside out turning. I thought this was probably an easy form to start so went with a vase/flower (not really sure what I would call it?). I had a captured ring tool which I hadn't played with so put one on it but its pretty dodgy too:-. I have a few other blanks in different forms being glued up at the moment so will see how they pan out.

Corbs

thefixer
23rd October 2009, 09:38 PM
Way to go Corbs. I'm also looking to try something different all the time. Inside out turning is a real challenge and captive rings are effective and confuse the non turner public. Keep experimenting, it helps to keep the old noggin active.

Cheers
Shorty

artme
24th October 2009, 07:38 AM
Good for you Corbs!! A damned good start on the road to further glory.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

A sightly larger base ( for balance) and a wider flare at the top, methinks, for version 2.

corbs
24th October 2009, 08:23 AM
I could have pushed the flare a bit deeper but started with very thin stock so thats as big as the base could go. I could have made the stem a lot thinner too but wanted something to show for the experiment not a few broken pieces... next time I will push harder though :wink:

munruben
24th October 2009, 10:04 AM
Well done corbs:2tsup::2tsup:

Farnk
24th October 2009, 11:27 AM
Well done mate!

Yes just an experiment, but each time we learn and improve our skills that much more!

There's no point in just doing the same old stuff everyday, you've gotta keep moving forward!

f

Ed Reiss
24th October 2009, 11:30 AM
:wts::welldone: