PDA

View Full Version : World War I Biplane

LiliB
24th October 2009, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone

Things have been silent for us for a while. David has been building a workshop, and so there has been precious little time to devote to model making.

The plane has been on the drawing boards for quite a time, and I have finally got around to finishing the painting. It was going to be made of wood, however, David in his usual impatient way, used timber on hand, instead of getting dedicated pieces, so the surfaces weren't suited to just poly. Hence the bright crimson finish.

The plane is a Fokker D VII. It is 550mm from wingtip to wingtip, 500 mm from prop to tail and 200mm high to top of wings.

I made the decals using an image from the net, pasted and copied images onto a word document and printed onto overhead transparency sheets.

The idea appears to be okay, however, I found that when I printed using the cheap printer, the black was very thinly printed. However, I have a very expensive A3 photo printer and it printed perfectly. (Canon 9950i). I can see potential for doing all sorts of clever things using Photoshop, the scanner and printer, once I increase my photoshop skills.

You can obviously do things like shrink badges, signwriting to customise vehicles add veneers to wood to simulate various finishes like chrome using the plastic overhead sheets. Thought it was a clever idea, and having worked, I thoughtI'd share it and see what others thought.

Cheers
:U:U:U

LiliB

scotty60
24th October 2009, 01:50 PM
great job LiliB,im really impressed looks fantastic.its got me wanting to build one.:2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
24th October 2009, 01:54 PM
http://www.petersenart.com/images/artwork/Snoopy_vs_RedBaron.jpg

wheelinround
24th October 2009, 01:55 PM
YouTube - Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron

Billy
25th October 2009, 05:55 PM
Nice work LiliB,
looks great
I like the idea of using the printer for detail stuff
cheers, billy

AUSSIE
27th October 2009, 10:13 PM
I have been away for the weekend and just catching up.Great job David and Lili.Have been waiting to see this one.Sorry I couldnt catch up with you at the WW show.
:2tsup:

artme
28th October 2009, 07:30 AM
Grouse job Lilli!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

When the workshop is finished will you be doing production runs.?:q:q

munruben
30th October 2009, 10:26 AM
Excellent:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: