PDA

View Full Version : Different countries, different cordless !

Mutley
30th October 2009, 07:28 PM
Apologies if this has been asked before, But i took my AEG into a AEG service centre to be repaired last week, But because it had been purchased in the UK he wasn't interested! He was happy to sell me a AUS one that looked exactly the same tho (Different plug on the charger agreed) Surely a AEG, MAKITA, HITACHI.... etc have the same manufacturing standards and quality throughout the world? Surely each countries models are not different? Any ideas ?

Master Splinter
3rd November 2009, 07:45 PM
Was it a warranty issue? Non-Australian models aren't covered by the Australian warranty network here (as you could imagine, each country has differences in the cost of warranty work due to labour costs, transport and all those sorts of overhead).

Also, a non-oz one isn't certified to meet the various bureaucratic rubber stamps for electrical and product safety (never mind that it meets a stricter standard from europe...it hasn't been tested against our standard, so it might be missing that all-important 'do not place razor sharp rapidly spinning blade against genitals' warning notice) so they may not be able to work on it for insurance or similar b/s reasons.

Mutley
3rd November 2009, 09:29 PM
It Was still under warranty, But my thought was they'll all made under the same standard and used for the same job. I knew that i'd have to pay to get it serviced but i couldn't understand why it was different from the Oz model. The service gent thought that it was because i'd changed the plug on the charger!!! Both countries are 240v. He lost me! But thanks for the reply