PDA

View Full Version : My latest cast

dai sensei
3rd November 2009, 10:05 PM
I washed the floor at my place ready for the BBQ thus weekend. Not used to such a clean floor, I had got used to that sawdust/dust grip on the floor :rolleyes:. Next thing I know I'm on my side with sore ribs and a broken wrist :~:doh:

tea lady
3rd November 2009, 10:11 PM
:doh: Eeeeer! Good job? :rolleyes::D

dj_pnevans
3rd November 2009, 10:18 PM
How did you get that into the pressure pot ?:U:U:U
David

gawdelpus
3rd November 2009, 10:23 PM
Bugger ! just missed "halloween" could of been a best seller :) Better sprinkle a bit of sawdust around for saturday hehe, don't want copycats lol. Seriously thats a bummer ,I know we have one handed turners but that is an art that is all on its own , Hope it ia not as bad as it looks and sorts out without too many problems , cheers ~ John :depressed:

NewLondon88
3rd November 2009, 11:51 PM
OUCH! :oo:

So .. what did you use for a finish? :p

Hope you heal quickly..I think I could handle a broken leg better than a wrist..

wheelinround
4th November 2009, 07:32 AM
Neil so is this an open invite for those coming to bring their Carvers gear to the BBQ don't forget pic's of the cast when everyone's had a go.:q

Go to have hurt Neil hope healing is all good and your hand/wrist isn't floppy/limp in the end.

The sign of a clean workshop

RufflyRustic
4th November 2009, 09:26 AM
Lovely! So we are now having a cast signing party on Saturday?:wink: I'll be there for that :U:2tsup:

What a bummer Neil! Hope it heals very quickly

cheers
Wendy

Ozkaban
4th November 2009, 09:52 AM
Looks painful :no:. Hope you're OK and heal nice and quickly.

Cheers,
Dave

Simomatra
4th November 2009, 11:06 AM
See Neil it pay to keep the mess, i think I would definitely break something if I had a clean workshop.

Hope it all heals well for you soon

MBUMIK
4th November 2009, 01:57 PM
thats no good neil i hope it gets better soon, at least you will be able to keep casting

there is a saying

only lazy people have a tidy shed because they can't be bothered looking for anything

this is the rule i live by

MIK

Sawdust Maker
5th November 2009, 09:49 PM
Bvgger
hope it heals cleanly

in the meantime send all your chisels down to me. I'll make sure they are well and truely blunt for you when you want to use them next :D

PenTurner
5th November 2009, 10:12 PM
Wow! a real human blank, first it needs cutting to size, by the look of that we could get 20 slimlines or 10 Emperors, I wonder if it was cross cut whether it would look better!:D:)
Conversely, since you are out of action, send all conkeberry this way!!:)
Then again, sure hope you heal quickly, sorry to see that happen- remember- keep it dirty!!!:)
Amos:)

Claw Hama
5th November 2009, 10:22 PM
Hmmm and sawdust on the floor would have cushioned your fall, you'll know better next time. Good luck, hope it heals up quickly.

gawdelpus
5th November 2009, 10:27 PM
Hehe! well Saturday looks like it will be a great production ,got a cast and crew.now for a director lol.:D

BoomerangInfo
7th November 2009, 12:38 PM
Ouch!

At least the tube isn't showing through.

At least you can load up on the icecream and milkshakes to get that calcium level up :)

Get well soon!

Russell.