PDA

View Full Version : Little Woody, as Arrived

orificiam
4th November 2009, 06:55 PM
Hi Everyone --took a drive to Drysdale to visit Jim at CWS. Beautiful drive hardly anyone on the Road they must have all gone to the races.
Anyway came back home with new addition to the Lathe family
His Name is "Little Woody" and he his a little Brother to "Little Hercules" a Home made frontal turning lathe and also to Little China WL18 Mc 900.
I must say I didn't realised a well made this little machine is, all the handles are Chromed --headstock and Tailstock line Up OK it runs very quiet.
The only thing I'm a bit iffy is the Colour, Well I gues I Will not be cleaning it very often. or maybe I'll buy a can of Paint.:wink:
Cheers Tony.:)

Luddite
4th November 2009, 08:15 PM
Tony,

Correct, the colour looks like the mini my mum used to drive back in the 70s! I am sure it will give you many years of faithful service irrespective of the colour.

What do you intend to use it for, and why have you needed to buy a small lathe when you already have 2 others in the lathe family? Sorry, not wanting to sound like a carping wife, just geniunely interested if you could not make the bigger units perform the same tasks.

Maybe you just bought it "beacuse you could". I do that wherever I can.

Have fun with it,

Anthony

Sawdust Maker
4th November 2009, 08:18 PM
congrats

it's that colour so you don't lose it in the shed, under all those curlies :D
the next model is coming out with special lights, a bit like the lights on those audi's

orificiam
4th November 2009, 10:05 PM
Tony,

Correct, the colour looks like the mini my mum used to drive back in the 70s! I am sure it will give you many years of faithful service irrespective of the colour.

What do you intend to use it for, and why have you needed to buy a small lathe when you already have 2 others in the lathe family? Sorry, not wanting to sound like a carping wife, just geniunely interested if you could not make the bigger units perform the same tasks.

Maybe you just bought it "beacuse you could". I do that wherever I can.

Have fun with it,

Anthony

Hi Anthony one of the reasons is when pen turning I'll be using half the power therefore saving money which means I can turn twice as much, If that makes any sense. It also is portable.
Cheers Tony:)

orificiam
4th November 2009, 10:09 PM
congrats

it's that colour so you don't lose it in the shed, under all those curlies :D
the next model is coming out with special lights, a bit like the lights on those audi's

Thanks Nick----Now I see :cool: I just might have to wear my Sunglasses in the shed.
Cheers Tony.:U

tea lady
4th November 2009, 10:44 PM
:2tsup: It is very cute isn't it. I want one of them for xmas after turning on one like it at Robbos':D Do you think it will go OK in my purple shed? :rolleyes: My other lathe is yellow. So I reckon I could just swap them and Hubby will never know.:mahaha:

Ed Reiss
4th November 2009, 11:01 PM
Nice lathe, Tony...spray it purple, then sell it to TL as a "special edition" ...for a higher price of course:;

tea lady
4th November 2009, 11:02 PM
Nice lathe, Tony...spray it purple, then sell it to TL as a "special edition" ...for a higher price of course:;
:p:p

Ad de Crom
5th November 2009, 01:24 AM
Tony, at last a lathe in my favorite color, so in my eyes nothing wrong with the yellow color.
I think all are green of envy, instead of yellow.
Nice lathe mate.
Ad :2tsup:

rsser
5th November 2009, 06:09 AM
Colour should hide the spills of Shellawax and Danish Oil :wink:

orificiam
5th November 2009, 06:06 PM
:2tsup: It is very cute isn't it. I want one of them for xmas after turning on one like it at Robbos':D Do you think it will go OK in my purple shed? :rolleyes: My other lathe is yellow. So I reckon I could just swap them and Hubby will never know.:mahaha:

Hi Tea lady I'm sure it will be very happy to be turning in your Purple Shed.
But you better hurry and order early or you'll miss out.

orificiam
5th November 2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks to everyone for your kind comments.
PS gotta run Little Woody's Calling he wants to play.:UHeHe

corbs
5th November 2009, 06:38 PM
I have its EVS brother... you're going to have fun with it, I love mine (even the colour:D)

orificiam
5th November 2009, 10:24 PM
I have its EVS brother... you're going to have fun with it, I love mine (even the colour:D)

Thanks Corbs--Can't wait for the weekend I've already made 3 different size
toolrest Out of 6mm SS plate.

Cheers Tony.:2tsup:

artme
6th November 2009, 04:45 AM
Good one mate. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Years of fun to be had there. Love that transluscent belt!!1:rolleyes:

powderpost
6th November 2009, 10:27 AM
Good choice Tony, I have been using one for more than two years now and am very happy with it.
Jim