PDA

View Full Version : Tom

lortom
6th November 2009, 09:53 AM
G'day This is my first go at using this website I hope I get it right. I am an amateur woodturner,I have a coronet no3 lathe which I have had the bush replaced by a real bearing,it works well. I am after a new belt for it, can enyone help? The belt is 46mm long by about 12mm wide and is of the Mini V type. I will be grateful for any information. Cheers Tom

hughie
6th November 2009, 10:41 AM
G'day This is my first go at using this website I hope I get it right. I am an amateur woodturner,I have a coronet no3 lathe which I have had the bush replaced by a real bearing,it works well. I am after a new belt for it, can enyone help? The belt is 46mm long by about 12mm wide and is of the Mini V type. I will be grateful for any information.

Tom. I think you might have got the belt length a little out 46cm maybe. It sound like your after 'A' section vee belt. These are readily available at many places, ie your local bearing store , Hare&forbes in Brisbane etc.
Just take your old one in when you go for it, as it will have code numbers that will included the length.

Ed Reiss
6th November 2009, 12:33 PM
welcome to the asylum :2tsup:

as far as the belt change goes, check out an item called a "Link Belt" ...easy to install, uninstall, and it runs quite a bit quiter than regular v-belts.

Good Luck

artme
6th November 2009, 07:57 PM
G´day Tom and welcome to the world´s best addiction.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Check out the belt suggested by |Ed. Suppossed to be excellent.