PDA

View Full Version : Shocked yet surprised

wheelinround
6th November 2009, 03:28 PM
Sitting in the shed working when Sue arrives home she goes in doors I see shadow behind again do a quick head whip and see two people heading into say hi!

Thought they were JW's but for some reason knew them turned and looked again..............
I can tell you honestly I nearly got out of my wheelchair and walked.

:o Munruben John and his lovely wife in person came to see us. sitting here now, photo's later

Woodwould
6th November 2009, 04:53 PM
Some host you are! Visitors turn up and you just sod off to the puter to tell everyone!

HI JOHN AND LOVELY WIFE! I HOPE HE HAS TIME TO GIVE YOU A DRINK!

:U

AUSSIE
6th November 2009, 05:01 PM
That Diet stuff must have worked
!0km per day wasnt it?:D
Geez he got there quick,didnt he?
Wondered where you were John.Wasnt like you to be missing for 2 days.
Ray,Have a good time mate
Ross

wheelinround
6th November 2009, 05:19 PM
Would Wood I did the right thing brought John in to computer room to show of new monitor :p and shyte in here while wives nattered about crafty stuff.

Drink yes Liz had tea John water doesn't drink much else. Cheap to run, diet is doing him good, Liz too.

Yes Ross I was concerned myself not seeing him online I almost rang to ask whats up :roll:

Well being a good woodie and John this is the first time we have met in person a bloody good mate since joining the forum. I did the right thing took a photo or two.

Thanks John and Liz for such a surprise:U:U:U :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Ray & Sue

Woodwould
6th November 2009, 05:26 PM
Sounds like a pleasant day. :thyel:

wheelinround
6th November 2009, 05:37 PM
Sounds like a pleasant day. :thyel:

WW it has been a great afternoon especially after 2 days of being crook warning another forumite not to come round as I didn't want to pass on what ever I had.

of course I sent him away with some nice timbers, just hope they can be taken on the plane:roll:

Allan at Wallan
6th November 2009, 07:25 PM
I didn't know John was "on the loose" and in your
area Ray.

Better lock up my hidden timbers in case he and Liz
strut into Wallan.:D

Great to see he has made the time to visit and look
forward to the day we can meet up too.:2tsup:

Allan

artme
6th November 2009, 10:43 PM
Great to see the Mayor travelling to see a fellow friend and woodie. Yep, great couple to have as friends Wheelin.you obviously had a good day!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
7th November 2009, 08:46 AM
Alan from Wallan Better lock up my hidden timbers in case he and Liz
strut into Wallan.http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/standard/biggrin.gif

I wish I could have given him more than I did but after his experience with his SIL bringing some down buy plane for me some time ago we thought better of it. I/we are hoping he doesn't have to toss the New Guniea Rosewood and NSW scented Rosewood I have given him.

Great to see the Mayor travelling to see a fellow friend and woodie. Yep, great couple to have as friends Wheelin.you obviously had a good day!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Arthur it was great to meet in person and yes great people.

This Mayor thing has me worried though everyone seems to call him that........should I have bowed, saluted, addressed him as your Mayorship what???

artme
7th November 2009, 10:50 AM
No need to genuflect, bow, or go for fancy titles.

Just pull his chain and watch him flush!:D:D:D:q:q

munruben
8th November 2009, 02:54 PM
I wish I could have given him more than I did but after his experience with his SIL bringing some down buy plane for me some time ago we thought better of it. I/we are hoping he doesn't have to toss the New Guniea Rosewood and NSW scented Rosewood I have given him.
Ray, You and your lovely wife, gave us more than you will ever know. Thanks a million for your wonderful hospitality. It was lovely to meet you after all this time. A great day and meeting you made the whole trip well worthwhile.

Got everything back okay including the "turning tool" (forgot what you called it) Got back early this morning, Sunday.
If any of you other guys get the opportunity to visit Ray and Sue, you are in for a most pleasant experience. It was absolutely fantastic to meet up and spend some time together. Thanks again mate and don't forget to visit us up here when you get up this way.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

PS. Thanks for the pics Ray. good stuff..

Got to tell you guys, Ray actually looks much younger in the flesh.

munruben
8th November 2009, 03:04 PM
No need to genuflect, bow, or go for fancy titles.

Just pull his chain and watch him flush!:D:D:D:q:qJust keep those cheques rolling in Arthur:D:D

wheelinround
8th November 2009, 04:13 PM
Ray, You and your lovely wife, gave us more than you will ever know. Thanks a million for your wonderful hospitality. It was lovely to meet you after all this time. A great day and meeting you made the whole trip well worthwhile.

Got everything back okay including the "turning tool" (forgot what you called it) Got back early this morning, Sunday.
If any of you other guys get the opportunity to visit Ray and Sue, you are in for a most pleasant experience. It was absolutely fantastic to meet up and spend some time together. Thanks again mate and don't forget to visit us up here when you get up this way.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

PS. Thanks for the pics Ray. good stuff..

Got to tell you guys, Ray actually looks much younger in the flesh.

Awe shucks twas nothing :B we didn't do anything special, especially with you both being on diets :~ then you could say you had your fill :U

I am still stocked John many thanks to you and Liz for calling in to see us.

Its a Deep Hollowing tool John light cuts, tip needs a sharpen, does a brilliant job.

munruben
8th November 2009, 04:45 PM
Cheers mate, thanks for the phone call. Regards to Sue.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
5th October 2012, 05:26 PM
Almost 3 years ago I had this super surprise from a be I have never met but formed a great friendship with.

I had not long come in from the garage when the door bell rang. Some bloke looking like a security guard standing at the door with his back to me he turned and:)( Its Munruben/John and Liz again

Well we had a few hours of chit chat and they have headed off again.

Thanks John and Liz for a wonderful surprise again. Next time its our turn.:;

Photos to come when john gets home as my batteries were flat.