PDA

View Full Version : Friday Arvo

Termite
13th August 2004, 02:43 PM
It would seem to me that from the amount of activity on the website of a Friday afternoon (me included) that there is a lot of people out there who:-
1. Are retired. :)
2. Are the boss. :D
3. Have stuff all to do at work after lunch on Friday. (I knock off at 2.30 for this reason). :eek:
If the reason is mostly No 3 then lets start a push for a 4 day week so we can spend 3 days in the shed instead of 2.
Aint it great what you can think of when you're trying to fill in time.
Kind (yawn) regards
Termite

Alastair
13th August 2004, 02:50 PM
Right On!!!!!

silentC
13th August 2004, 02:53 PM
I once asked my employer if I could work 4 10-hour days instead of 5 8-hour ones. He wouldn't be in it. So now I work 5 6-hour days and play here for the other 2. That's fair innit?

Wongo
13th August 2004, 03:02 PM
We don’t usually do much on Friday afternoon. Sometimes I even go out and play basketball until 3pm.

People here start drinking around 4pm and I just go home to be with my family. Isn’t life wonderful? Work for 4 ½ days and get 5 days pay. :cool:

Barry_White
13th August 2004, 03:15 PM
I'm one of those fortunate individuals that has 7 day weekends and they start on a Sunday and finish on a Saturday. Since I retired from work I find I am busier now than a one legged man in an a*se kicking contest than when I was working for a boss.

The only problem is that the pay is lousy, but you learn to adjust. If I had known how good it was though I would have done it 40 years ago.

But as long as you guys & gals keep working and paying your taxes little Johnny Howard will be able to keep paying me until I am gone and I hope that will be for another at least 25 years.

Wood Borer
13th August 2004, 03:24 PM
Normally we all go crazy on Friday arvos but today we are righting the wrongs of the world.

Spring must be around the corner.

- Wood Borer

silentC
13th August 2004, 03:30 PM
Spring must be around the corner
You wouldn't think so here at the moment. Filthy weather, looks like a storm is brewing....

Wood Borer
13th August 2004, 03:39 PM
Same here but what's new, probably get rain tonight and on the weekend.

- Wood Borer

craigb
13th August 2004, 03:48 PM
probably get rain tonight and on the weekend.

- Wood Borer
You lucky lucky b'stard :D :D

Christopha
13th August 2004, 03:55 PM
The rain is "persisting" down here and has been for months...... :D

Around here we call Friday "Poets Day".......... P!ss Off Early, Termorrers Satdee! :D

Bob Willson
13th August 2004, 04:04 PM
You wouldn't think so here at the moment. Filthy weather, looks like a storm is brewing.... Send it up here. We haven't had any rain for the last few months. All the plaster joints in my house are cracking because the house moves as the land is drying out.

silentC
13th August 2004, 04:07 PM
Probably wont get much rain out of it, hasn't rained properly for months here either. Worst thing apart from the water restrictions is the bloody plague of ants in my coffee machine and the roos that are crapping all over my front lawn.

TassieKiwi
13th August 2004, 04:20 PM
One shouldn't gloat, but it has been pissing down here since about 7 this morning. This is after about 300mm in the last month. Golfers need kyaks. The Spirit delivers our mail. Everyone now has a pet flathead. Water restrictions - what are they???http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

silentC
13th August 2004, 04:25 PM
It's part of a mainland conspiracy. We're sending all our rain down there in a effort submerge Tassie once and for all. Even the Governer has deserted the sinking ship :D

New Zealand is next :D :D

Cliff Rogers
13th August 2004, 05:32 PM
G'day.

I don't know what it is but, after 3 months of total insanity,
August has been very quiet so far. (touch wood)
Today, not only do I have a bloke off on hols, (gone 3 days now) but
I've also finished for the day & am already up at the cubby in the hills. :D

Maybe today is even quieter 'cos it Friday the 13TH. :eek:

Poets day is something that we had in the Defence Force too....
Stand down on Fridays was alway (& still is I believe) earlier that
the rest of the week.

Sturdee
13th August 2004, 05:59 PM
I only work part-time, so my working week consists of 2 days and my weekend is 5 days. This I believe is quite reasonable. :)

Peter.

BTW on the days I do work I always get home by 4.00 pm. :D

AlexS
13th August 2004, 06:53 PM
Like Barry, I've recently retired and frankly, I don't know how I ever found time to go to work.

ozwinner
13th August 2004, 08:14 PM
But as long as you guys & gals keep working and paying your taxes little Johnny Howard will be able to keep paying me until I am gone and I hope that will be for another at least 25 years.
Sorry Baz, but I dont pay tax, what is it?
Can ya eat it?

Al

fxst
13th August 2004, 08:49 PM
and the roos that are crapping all over my front lawn.

well get the bbq going and have some roo steak or call me for recipes.....who said ww is a dull hobby?
Pete (retiredat 55 and lovin it)
Every days a Sunday if you're catching baramundi as sung by the late great S Dusty

cliff cook
13th August 2004, 11:12 PM
SH*t I must be the only one keeping this joint going! Tomorro will be the 9th straight 11/12 hour day in a row with more to come in the next 3 months.
BAH humbug, god how i hate xmas. So please give a thought to us poor workers and give homemade presents this year and mabee i can scrape the cobwebs off my lathe for once.(just jokeing xmas ot is what bought the whole setup in the first place)
cooky

Markw
15th August 2004, 01:01 PM
Hahahahahahah

I work a nine day fortnight (Energy Supply Industry Standard) which is every second Friday off = Good. What I add to this is the alternate Friday that I should have worked I take as annual leave = Great.

I started off with the company owing me 40 days annual leave about 12 to 18 months ago and I still have about 30 days owing.

I get 0.384 of a day in leave per week and I use 1 day per fortnight earning leave at 2 x 0.38 = 0.77 days, leaving a loss of 0.27 days per fortnight. 40/0.27 = 148 fortnights or 5.7 years before I run out of leave.

Then I'll start taking long service leave

Bob Willson
15th August 2004, 02:41 PM
2 x 0.38 = 0.77 days, leaving a loss of 0.27 days per fortnight. 40/0.27 = 148 fortnights or 5.7 years before I run out of leave.
Check your maths.

1 - .77 = .23, not .27

so 40/0.23 = 173 fortnights or 6.7 years. Even better. :)

Markw
15th August 2004, 06:53 PM
Check your maths.

1 - .77 = .23, not .27

so 40/0.23 = 173 fortnights or 6.7 years. Even better. :)

I knew I deserved more

thanks Bob