PDA

View Full Version : Old wooden moulding plane body

Woodwould
7th November 2009, 10:19 AM
Has anyone got an old wooden moulding plane body they're prepared to part with? Perhaps you've got one that's missing its iron and gathering dust while you work out what to do with it.

Condition is immaterial (actually, the poorer the better); I just want one for a bit of fun.

lightwood
7th November 2009, 12:15 PM
Has anyone got an old wooden moulding plane body they're prepared to part with? Perhaps you've got one that's missing its iron and gathering dust while you work out what to do with it.

Condition is immaterial (actually, the poorer the better); I just want one for a bit of fun.
WW,
have more than a few of these.
lots of wedges and blades also.
Let me know what you want, and where to send it.
I will be at the htpaa sale this weekend.
Regards,
Peter

Woodwould
7th November 2009, 12:30 PM
:thyel: PM sent!

Claw Hama
7th November 2009, 04:08 PM
So what are you up to WW??:;:U

Woodwould
7th November 2009, 04:13 PM
All will be revealed soon enough. The Silly Season has set in early around here.

lightwood
7th November 2009, 04:18 PM
:thyel: PM sent!
WW,
will get it away first thing Monday
Regards,
Peter....very curious...????

Woodwould
10th November 2009, 02:19 PM
Here it is (http://pegsandtails.wordpress.com/2009/11/10/sharpening-a-moulding-plane/#more-759).

jimbur
10th November 2009, 02:31 PM
Beautifully unexpected :U
Cheers,
Jim

rhancock
10th November 2009, 08:40 PM
Nice axe. Did you really use the axe? You must be as skilled an axe wielder as a plane wielder.

Woodwould
10th November 2009, 10:42 PM
The only fakery is the little glint I Photoshop'd on the cutting edge of the hatchet.

Waldo
10th November 2009, 10:51 PM
:rotfl:

The most definitive and comprehensive post on sharpening this Forum will ever bear witness to. :brava:

tea lady
10th November 2009, 11:22 PM
:doh::2tsup: :DYou have a wonderful turn of phrase. :U I also loved the story of the Shed dogs in your blog. Will have to make a Regencyish bed with execesive toile box cushion for my shed dog too. (Who is currently on the bed cos Mr Tea lady is out.:rolleyes: )

Woodwould
10th November 2009, 11:35 PM
:doh::2tsup: :DYou have a wonderful turn of phrase. :U I also loved the story of the Shed dogs in your blog. Will have to make a Regencyish bed with execesive toile box cushion for my shed dog too. (Who is currently on the bed cos Mr Tea lady is out.:rolleyes: )

Thanks AM for the feedback. As you know, I spend a lot of my days writing in various guises and formats, but every so often it's energizing to be able to write utter nonsense on a whim and know that it has touched a chord with someone else.

Didn't you know; dogs aren't allowed up on the furniture! :o

tea lady
10th November 2009, 11:45 PM
Didn't you know; dogs aren't allowed up on the furniture! :oWe don't have furniture. Only op shop finds and hand me downs. And some recently acquired quite nice orange sofas.:cool: :think: Acshulkly, the bed is one of the few things we've paid serious money for. :doh: LOLLY! OFF THE BED!http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/standard/redface.gif

:D