PDA

View Full Version : sander promotion

ryanarcher
13th August 2004, 07:52 PM
I don't know if this is relevant worldwide, but in the states, festool is promoting thier random orbit sander by dropping the price from $225US to $60US. i just put my order in today. Ask you local dealer about it. just thought you guys would like a heads up. appologies in advance if this is not applicable in Australia.

have a good one
-ryan

alan hughes
14th August 2004, 11:20 PM
Hi Ryan,
This is the time you really need a relative in the U.S,mate we don't get those sort of deals here!our price is about 600-700 aus,maybe they should give us a better deal,hope someone from festo reads these threads,good luck with your sander.....

ryanarcher
15th August 2004, 05:16 AM
Alan,
unfortunately one of the qualifacations of the promotion is only one per customer otherwise I'd be happy to buy a load of 'em and ship them off to you guys. :(

-ryan

Greg Mann
15th August 2004, 08:14 AM
Alan,
unfortunately one of the qualifacations of the promotion is only one per customer otherwise I'd be happy to buy a load of 'em and ship them off to you guys. :(

-ryan
Ryan,

Where did you see this promotion? I have been checking Festoo-USA website and I can't find anything on it.
BTW, here in the states, Festool does not want their Independant Service Agent stocking tools. They do set the prices just as they do in OZ but I personally don't have a problem with that. Of course I wouldn't mind them setting the prices a little lower either.:) This way, you pick an agent based on his service to you and don't worry about whether you found the best price. We have a couple monster retail chains that can skew the selling market because of the volume they can handle and the number of outlets. They are not the places to buy from if you want service and support so a company like Festool is probably better off going to the other extreme in marketing their product, a limited number of sources but with expertise about the product and personal commitment.

Greg

ryanarcher
15th August 2004, 04:50 PM
Greg,
just went to the local (independant) hardware store and the guy told me about the promotion. I had to fill out a survey detailing my woodworking experience, but for $165 dollars off, I was happy to do it. I'd suggest asking your local dealer if they have heard anything about it. otherwise just call festool customer support and ask about it.
-ryan

lucky_rick
15th August 2004, 06:06 PM
Hey, you guys in the US. You are killing us with this talk of really cheap Festo kit!!! Fortunately, our lady swimmers look like they have your measure in the pool. ;) Can't wait to see Thorpie, Hackett, and Phelps race. You might be able to get me back there.

Regards
Rick