PDA

View Full Version : a new guinea rosewood reception counter recently completed

aaron.aafjes
12th November 2009, 07:43 PM
counter in it's raw state, prior to polishing. in my opinion, new guinea rosewood is such a highly underrated timber, especially if you get hold of the 'red' packs.

FRB Design
12th November 2009, 07:50 PM
Nice clean work, and that is really nice NGR .

BTman
12th November 2009, 09:29 PM
Nice work there, I was wondering where you are getting the rosewood from? I can see a nice new entertainment unit sitting below the big screen in my house.

artme
12th November 2009, 11:42 PM
Gorgeous Aaron!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I agree with you about NGR but I have seen kitchens made from highly figured stuphph that were simply overpowering.

You will post a pick when it's polished?

Harry72
13th November 2009, 01:08 AM
Looks very nice Aaron

IanW
13th November 2009, 07:50 AM
Gorgeous Aaron!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I agree with you about NGR but I have seen kitchens made from highly figured stuphph that were simply overpowering.

You will post a pick when it's polished?

Like this one Artme?
:;

les88
13th November 2009, 08:06 AM
I have been commisioned to made a drop side table from NGR and until now haven't seen it. I was going to polish it with Ubeaut waxes
les

Al B
13th November 2009, 08:25 AM
Excellent work Aaron well done. :2tsup:

artme
13th November 2009, 08:31 AM
Like this one Artme?
:;

No Ian. That is a great looking set-up from the photo.

I think some people get carried away with beautiful timbers that have highly figured grain. As I said, I have seen NGR kitchens where the clients selectd the timber personally. When placed in a small area like a kitchen it just becomes too much.

I have seen the same thing with Black Heart Sas. Beautiful timber! I love the stuphph - in the right proportions and in the right place.

And a kitchen in Zebrano!! TOOOOOOO much!!

In the Museum in Bris. There are several pieces of furniture that are entirely inlay work. Again beautiful timbers and super craftsmanship but a bit of an assault on the eyes.

Maybe its just me. But I don't think so.

IanW
13th November 2009, 09:30 AM
No Ian. That is a great looking set-up from the photo.

I think some people get carried away with beautiful timbers that have highly figured grain. As I said, I have seen NGR kitchens where the clients selectd the timber personally. When placed in a small area like a kitchen it just becomes too much.

I have seen the same thing with Black Heart Sas. Beautiful timber! I love the stuphph - in the right proportions and in the right place.

And a kitchen in Zebrano!! TOOOOOOO much!!

In the Museum in Bris. There are several pieces of furniture that are entirely inlay work. Again beautiful timbers and super craftsmanship but a bit of an assault on the eyes.

Maybe its just me. But I don't think so.

Nah - I think I share the same concerns.

Actually, the one in the pics above just makes it by my standards. It's in an older (1930's) house which has that very dark-stained architraving popular at the time. With that & dark wooden floors, I was afraid it would look like too much wood by the time it was done. I echoed the moulding, but made it much smaller & less fussy, & kept the panels & frames pretty plain. It turned out just acceptable on my scale of aesthetics, but the owners were delighted & I had several requests to build kitchens from some of their friends. To preserve my amateur status I said "Certainly - the next opening I have in my order-book is in 2025....."
:U