PDA

View Full Version : newcastle wood show

Zed
14th August 2004, 11:47 PM
Hi,

Went to the Newcastle wood show today. Thanks for the polish/shellac Neil & Pauline. looking forward to using it tomorrow.

Hovo - again - sorry we didnt hook up. next time we'll have to swap mob numbers :)

Must say got some good stuff today - quite pleased. (Jap pull dovetail saw, some carvings, carbatech sharpening jig, white 8" wheel, some sanding drums, metric forstner bits, pipe clamp mechansims, coupla clock mechanisms, ubeaut polish and shellac, etc....

However was disappointed in the vendor representation area = only Carbatec and Bunnies and a few others present. the carbatech guy started calling me by my first name after the 5th purchase!!!!

some gifted crafties in the other hall. worth a look for $10.

Cheers.

Termite
16th August 2004, 09:37 AM
Yep, as usual it was a good show. As usual I was determined not to spend any money but it's marvelous how many "must have" things you see. So $200 bucks worth of bits and pieces later and arrangements to pick up $300 worth of drill press with $55 worth of vice I walked away before I was further tempted.
I'll go again next year.
regards
Termite

oges
16th August 2004, 09:52 AM
Had a good day aswell.
Spent the day being dragged around everywhere by my daughter, but managed to get a good look at things for myself ... too much timber there if you ask me :rolleyes: makes it hard to choose which timber to buy. Poor Irene who was demonstrating pyrography at the Carrolls stand, think my daughter about chatted her ear off .. gave me time to pester Neil atleast to get some white shellac and some EEE to make some clocks out of the small slabs I bought (family has been wanting me to make some for them since seeing the one i made for the MIL).

Disappointed carba-tec didnt have the P-20 on demo but apparently will have some in stock soon at the Sydney store so will have to go have a look then.