PDA

View Full Version : the view from your shed

robyn2839
19th November 2009, 10:27 AM
after looking at the great show us your shed post ,i noticed some great veiws out of windows and doors which prompted me to start a veiw from your shed,i think it would also be an interesting look at how members see the world ,i will take and post some of mine today........bob

hughie
19th November 2009, 10:55 AM
A view from the shed, no shed as yet:C. Got the view for where the shed will be......colorbond fence :C

Ozkaban
19th November 2009, 12:35 PM
Does the view from standing on your shed's roof count? :D:D:D

Not bad for a suburban Sydney view :cool:

Cheers,
Dave

Ed Reiss
19th November 2009, 01:08 PM
Being a cellar dweller, there is no view :C:no::no:

NeilS
19th November 2009, 01:21 PM
As previously posted, here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/show-us-ya-shed-89947/index33.html#post1019366).

And, if roof views from future workshops are included, below is the view from the roof of my next workshop, if I ever get myself organised enough to get underway with it... :(

Woodwould
19th November 2009, 03:02 PM
Does the view from standing on your shed's roof count? :D:D:D

Not bad for a suburban Sydney view :cool:

Cheers,
Dave
Pah! This is from 40,000 feet above my shed.

Ozkaban
19th November 2009, 03:04 PM
Pah! This is from 40,000 feet above my shed.

So it's true then - 40,000 feet up in melbourne, and there are still clouds :D

I hope you've got GPS to confirm the position :cool:

EDIT: Nice photo, BTW!

Cheers,
Dave

thefixer
19th November 2009, 03:56 PM
Pic 1 shows the view from the shed front door. Nice panoramic view of the back of the house. There was once a driveway there leading up to the shed but a growing family forced me to build 3 bedrooms over it.

Pic 2 shows the view from the back door. A picturesque scene of storage area "A" and shed "B". Storage area "B" and shed "C" is beyond that.

Woodwould
19th November 2009, 03:56 PM
It's not even my picture; Google! :U

Ozkaban
19th November 2009, 04:06 PM
It's not even my picture; Google! :U
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Or something like that :D

Avery
19th November 2009, 04:09 PM
Taken from the front door of my shed (garage) a couple of weeks ago.

wheelinround
19th November 2009, 04:12 PM

Avery welcome aboard nice photo

munruben
19th November 2009, 05:34 PM
Taken from the front door of my shed (garage) a couple of weeks ago.Lovely picture. :2tsup:

Harry72
19th November 2009, 07:14 PM
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=122445&stc=1&d=1258618406

wheelinround
19th November 2009, 07:51 PM
Harry thats one spectacular bit of photography its almost as though it was Paintshoped or Oil Painted

Ozkaban
19th November 2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah, amazingly in focus forground and horizon. And the light is perfect on both too. Well done :;

Groggy
19th November 2009, 08:10 PM
Please don't show the inside of that hangar Harry, its huge. I get sick with envy every time I see it :;

Avery
19th November 2009, 08:20 PM
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=122445&stc=1&d=1258618406

Wow!

a view like that , especially with that sky, would ensure very little work would be done.

Manuka Jock
19th November 2009, 09:00 PM
Wow!

a view like that , especially with that sky, would ensure very little work would be done.

That explains why Harry hasn't finished his shed yet eh :D

rsser
19th November 2009, 09:03 PM
Nah, it's Port Pirie brand industrial stain ;-}

orificiam
19th November 2009, 09:31 PM
This is a wiew from my Shed.
Cheers Tony.:)

artme
19th November 2009, 09:34 PM

G´day Avery and welcome to the madhouse!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Great to see you are agood photographer too. Great pic.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

artme
19th November 2009, 09:38 PM
Harry that is one fantastic photo!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Tony, at least you can see some green and some sky, unlike poor old fixer.:no::no::no:

robyn2839
20th November 2009, 08:55 PM
hears the veiw from my shed pic 1 note the really tall norfolk island pine, 2&3 seems hard to realize that last week i was swimming where that dirt is 45m3 to be exact nice and tight for a big tipper to get in, no more cleaning pool thats a bonus ,room for another shed now

Harry72
20th November 2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the kind comments:) be a few years before I can enjoy that view regularly... one day, getting the power on is the next big cost as I'd like to have it on before building the workshop area in.

Plenty of room for another shed there Robyn!

thefixer
20th November 2009, 09:41 PM
Tony, at least you can see some green and some sky, unlike poor old fixer.:no::no::no:

It's what's inside the shed that holds my interest.You cant admire the scenery while you're creating the next masterpiece:rolleyes: Besides, I have my own little piece of nature to keep me company and talk to me while I potter and ponder. Everybody, say hello to gimp. She's quite a comical little bird and agrees with everything I say.:D Here's a picture of her giving me her opinion.

robyn2839
20th November 2009, 10:58 PM
love birds ,i just made a bird feeder for the front of house and now we have brekky looking at these lovely creatures

bob

Texian
21st November 2009, 03:06 AM
Not exactly "from" my shed, but in the driveway. Shed is off to the left. This is my little buddy "Notch". Since the rut began he has gone off to chase the does, will probably establish his own territory and not return.

Gil Jones
21st November 2009, 05:07 AM
Looking out the back window of the shop, and one from outside the shop at sunset.

Ed Reiss
21st November 2009, 12:55 PM
Yep, lookin' at all those wonderful views really makes me want to get out of the cellar and have a workshop, sorry...shed, built out back. But then I get to thinkin' that it'll still be nothing more than a view of Jersey:C:~

Old farmer
21st November 2009, 01:04 PM
Robyn, if I may, thanks for lovely pic.

Would you mind telling me the wood you used, and any finish, please?

Also, do you find that white cockatoos and magpies take over the feeder at times of the year, frightening away smaller birds?

Thank you.

Woodwould
21st November 2009, 01:52 PM
Yep, lookin' at all those wonderful views really makes me want to get out of the cellar and have a workshop, sorry...shed, built out back. But then I get to thinkin' that it'll still be nothing more than a view of Jersey:C:~

:o I've been to Jersey many times and it is beautiful.

http://www.archipelago.nu/SKARGARD/ENGELSKA/JERSEY/Jersey%20Island.jpg

http://www.archipelago.nu/SKARGARD/ENGELSKA/JERSEY/beauport%20bay.jpg

http://www.archipelago.nu/SKARGARD/ENGELSKA/JERSEY/anne%20port%20bay.jpg

Even the cows are cute in a bovine kind of way.

http://www.archipelago.nu/SKARGARD/ENGELSKA/JERSEY/jersey%20cows.jpg

wheelinround
21st November 2009, 02:03 PM
Looking out the back window of the shop, and one from outside the shop at sunset.

Gill beautiful photo's could you email the sunset one please

Ray

GoGuppy
21st November 2009, 02:57 PM
Meet the neighbours..:U

Gil Jones
21st November 2009, 04:32 PM
Ray, it is on the way South.
Gil

wheelinround
21st November 2009, 04:39 PM
Ray, it is on the way South.
Gil

Thanks Gil amazing WOW :2tsup::U recieved

Sawdust Maker
21st November 2009, 04:51 PM
1st looking north through open roller door (some timber stash under carport)
2nd looking west through window. Some bugger has leant some old fence posts up against the window. Usually have my back to that when at lathe. Has a great view of the Hills Hoist

Go Guppy - your neighbours look a lot like mine - but can't find a piccy of them at the moment

122595 122596

wheelinround
21st November 2009, 05:05 PM
1st looking north through open roller door (some timber stash under carport)
2nd looking west through window. Some bugger has leant some old fence posts up against the window. Usually have my back to that when at lathe. Has a great view of the Hills Hoist

Go Guppy - your neighbours look a lot like mine - but can't find a piccy of them at the moment

122595 122596

I can see why Sue said you have enough timber Nick .............best idea is we have a Sydney forumite get together at your place and have a clean up for you.:U Pat and I won't mind honest

Grumpy John
21st November 2009, 05:29 PM
O.K. Ed take a photo out of your kitchen window and give us a look at Jersey :D.

Sawdust Maker
21st November 2009, 07:53 PM
I can see why ue said you have enough timber Nick .............best idea is we have a Sydney forumite get together at your place and have a clean up for you.:U Pat and I won't mind honest

Recently (12 Nov) the phone rang at about 7.30 am. Oh no, I thought, what's happened :oo:.
The father of one of my son's mates said "the noise you can hear is the Lemon Scented Gum coming down, do you want some?"
"spose" I replied
So two trips later I've ended up with more timber, sliced it with the Husky that weekend. Looks very similar to the timber I liberated a couple of years ago which I thought was spotted gum.
And there's the bit of olive I "found' out at Macquarie Uni" about this time last year. And then there's ... stuff
Anyway, The car is left in the driveway. Not as important as wood

robyn2839
21st November 2009, 10:53 PM
Robyn, if I may, thanks for lovely pic.

Would you mind telling me the wood you used, and any finish, please?

Also, do you find that white cockatoos and magpies take over the feeder at times of the year, frightening away smaller birds?

Thank you. i used cedar and just oiled it ,havent seen any sulpha crested cockatoos,but plenty of pink and grey galahs and corellas ,which are like white cockatoos i suppose,the smaller birds tend to rule the roost when it comes to maggies etc, also what you feed them will play a big part in what comes to feed,i have about 25 varieties of birds so far, suppose the worst are indian minors.........bob

Old farmer
22nd November 2009, 06:13 AM
Thanks for all of that, Bob.

Little Festo
22nd November 2009, 08:51 AM
Could,t resist putting up a few more. When we first moved here there wasn't a work shop and this was the only "flat" location on the block suitable.

Guess I'm lucky in that the shed is built on the prime site on the block. My wife chose the property and was worried about where the shed could be built but it turned out really well. The house has a similar view but not quite as good.We sometimes, after a tough days work, rough it and climb up onto the old concrete water tank at the back of the shed, now used as a wood storage area, and sip a champhers, wine or beer. It's nearly as tall as the shed and the view is quite speccie, nice breezes too.

There are two roller doors, one faces "southish" the other "westish". Luckily there are views out both doors. Even better than the views are the breezes. They mostly come through the southern door, sea breezes from Noosa. As he "crow flies" it's about 10-12 km to the coast.

I have Grevillias at the front door and along the fence screening the road. The red honey eaters frequent those trees.

Most of the images are of Mt Coorora, at different time of the year etc. Mt Coorora is just out of Pomona. They have a "king of the mountain" every June/July where fit people run up the mountain. They call it a mountain but it's only 450 meters or so. That's out of the western door. Mt Cooroy , the fifth last photo is from the southern door, not quite as speccie but right nextdoor is a dairy farm with a nice green valley frequented be herds of mooing cows and grey kangaroos. Once a year the farmer employs a pilot to fertilise his fields. The plane lands on to the ridge about 150/200 meters from the shed, quite noisy for a week or so but I guess it breaks the monotey.

Peter

Ed Reiss
22nd November 2009, 01:03 PM
O.K. Ed take a photo out of your kitchen window and give us a look at Jersey :D.

Well John...here I are with a couple -three friends...told you it weren't nothin' special:D:D

rsser
22nd November 2009, 01:04 PM
Which one are you Ed?

Peter, fabulous place you're in. I'm green.

Ed Reiss
22nd November 2009, 01:08 PM
Ern...whatareya blind:?:?:?

wheelinround
22nd November 2009, 01:09 PM
Well John...here I are with a couple -three friends...told you it weren't nothin' special:D:D

For a 63 year old Ed you take good photo's shame that young fellow didn't take one of you with the girls.:;

NeilS
22nd November 2009, 02:38 PM
Guess I'm lucky in that the shed is built on the prime site on the block.

Peter

Not wrong, Peter. Speccy!

Gil Jones
22nd November 2009, 03:54 PM
WoW!!!
Y'all live in a beautiful country:2tsup:

Wish I could fax myself down yonder for a visit.

Ed, you seem to have an active imagination.:D

RETIRED
22nd November 2009, 04:46 PM
WoW!!!
Y'all live in a beautiful country:2tsup:

Wish I could fax myself down yonder for a visit.

Ed, you seem to have an active imagination.:DOveractive I think.

Grumpy John
22nd November 2009, 06:58 PM
Ed, WAKE UP!!!!!!!

WOODbTURNER
22nd November 2009, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=Little Festo;1068393]Could,t resist putting up a few more. When we first moved here there wasn't a work shop and this was the only "flat" location on the block suitable.

Guess I'm lucky in that the shed is built on the prime site on the block. My wife chose the property and was worried about where the shed could be built but it turned out really well. The house has a similar view but not quite as good.We sometimes, after a tough days work, rough it and climb up onto the old concrete water tank at the back of the shed, now used as a wood storage area, and sip a champhers, wine or beer. It's nearly as tall as the shed and the view is quite speccie, nice breezes too.

Peter, (or Lil Festo the Billy Goat)

Here are my crappy photos from my shed in a very hot and sweaty Darwin. Brings back memories aye Peter!!
The spare VL300 was being prepped for new owner. He just wanted his first look at a Vicmarc and ended up with it. Not a bad bad jump from his Dynalink.
Peter are you going to TurnFest?
Got to go and have another shower to cool off!

http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

Little Festo
22nd November 2009, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=Little Festo;1068393]Could,t

Peter, (or Lil Festo the Billy Goat)

Here are my crappy photos from my shed in a very hot and sweaty Darwin. Brings back memories aye Peter!!
The spare VL300 was being prepped for new owner. He just wanted his first look at a Vicmarc and ended up with it. Not a bad bad jump from his Dynalink.
Peter are you going to TurnFest?
Got to go and have another shower to cool off!

http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/attach/jpg.gif
Hello Jeff,

Did you model for the Budda statue:D?? Not very likely I imagine. Yes will be going to Turnfest next year, Heike too. I take it that the Darwin crew will be going?/ Do you think Ian might go?? Did you meet Les Harvey in Darwin. He's living down here now and vists the workshop quite regularly.

Jeff took a friend down the hill through the lantana in the Argo. He chickened out and asked to get out and slid down the slope, was a lot safer in the Argo. I'm amazed how safe the little green bug is.

Vern,

Have a spare VL300 you are welcome to use anytime. Dosen't quite have the view you get from the Stubby but not bad though. Had a beer in fron of the shed this evening, lovely cool sea breeze up there.

Peter

Sawdust Maker
22nd November 2009, 07:51 PM
Could,t resist putting up a few more. When we first moved here there wasn't a work shop and this was the only "flat" location on the block suitable.

There are two roller doors, one faces "southish" the other "westish". Luckily there are views out both doors. Even better than the views are the breezes. They mostly come through the southern door, sea breezes from Noosa. As he "crow flies" it's about 10-12 km to the coast.

I have Grevillias at the front door and along the fence screening the road. The red honey eaters frequent those trees.

Most of the images are of Mt Coorora, at different time of the year etc. Mt Coorora is just out of Pomona. They have a "king of the mountain" every June/July where fit people run up the mountain. They call it a mountain but it's only 450 meters or so. That's out of the western door. Mt Cooroy , the fifth last photo is from the southern door, not quite as speccie but right nextdoor is a dairy farm with a nice green valley frequented be herds of mooing cows and grey kangaroos. Once a year the farmer employs a pilot to fertilise his fields. The plane lands on to the ridge about 150/200 meters from the shed, quite noisy for a week or so but I guess it breaks the monotey.

Peter

Basket!!

artme
22nd November 2009, 09:05 PM
Fabulous views Gil and Peter. Two beautiful parts of the world.

Woodwould, your sense of humour is a breath of fresh air. Amazingly many Australians have a quite biased and totally unrealistic idea of great Britain and its coastline. Your pictures show this beautifully.

I know Jersey is an island but that view of the beach is reasonably typical of scenes we see in a lot of British TV shows.

And I like Jersey cows. Lovely animals.

Wongdai
22nd November 2009, 09:42 PM
Well, here is the view from the two windows of my shed. Nothing to compare with what has gone before unfortunately, but its my haven and I'm happy..

artme
23rd November 2009, 06:06 AM
OK wongdai! Is the mesh to keep you in or others out:?:D:D

Little Festo
23rd November 2009, 09:08 AM
Well, here is the view from the two windows of my shed. Nothing to compare with what has gone before unfortunately, but its my haven and I'm happy..

Most important thing about your shed is the pleasure it gives, we all know that.

Peter

Ozkaban
23rd November 2009, 09:14 AM

Don't know that I'd be looking at the view when there's sheddy stuff to be done anyway :D Certainly looks like a happy type of shed to me!

Cheers,
Dave

hughie
23rd November 2009, 10:20 AM
Here we go the view from my proposed shed, I chose the location because of the outstanding view. I could wax lyrical over it, but I will let the view speak for its self. :U

The remaining shots are my current situation, a tad cramped. but if you have good eyesight you can make out three lathes, the fore gorund one is a Woodfast. I am converting it to a 1hp variable speed, currently its 1/2hp 3phase.

Wongdai
23rd November 2009, 01:28 PM
OK wongdai! Is the mesh to keep you in or others out:?:D:D

lol ya wallyburger. Its not a mesh, its a blind made of those thin stick things. Keeps the sun out of my shed whilst letting in ample light and breeze. :)

Grumpy John
23rd November 2009, 01:53 PM
Not as nice a view as some of the others shown here, but at least I don't have an excuse for gazing out the window :rolleyes:.

The view out of the window.

The view out of the door.

wheelinround
23rd November 2009, 02:30 PM
Here we go the view from my proposed shed, I chose the location because of the outstanding view. I could wax lyrical over it, but I will let the view speak for its self. :U

The remaining shots are my current situation, a tad cramped. but if you have good eyesight you can make out three lathes, the fore gorund one is a Woodfast. I am converting it to a 1hp variable speed, currently its 1/2hp 3phase.

Hughie a pebble garden in there would look good or a sand one

NeilS
23rd November 2009, 02:50 PM
Hughie - did the Woodfast come with that very fetching hat? ,,,,:U

Ed Reiss
24th November 2009, 04:33 AM
Ed, WAKE UP!!!!!!!

OK, OK....don't be so damn "grumpy" :q :D ...here's a pic of the back yard. Plenty of room for an outbuilding (bet you thought I was goin' to say shed, didn't you?) but the finance minister has laid down the law with a big resounding NO :C...she's afraid that once the building is up that I'll want to put a nice shiny new VB in it...wouldn't dream of it, seriously, I wouldn't:;:whistling2:

Oh well, when the lotto number hits things are gonna be different around here...yep :yeahright:

artme
24th November 2009, 04:51 AM
OK, OK....don't be so damn "grumpy" :q :D ...here's a pic of the back yard. Plenty of room for an outbuilding (bet you thought I was goin' to say shed, didn't you?) but the finance minister has laid down the law with a big resounding NO :C...she's afraid that once the building is up that I'll want to put a nice shiny new VB in it...wouldn't dream of it, seriously, I wouldn't:;:whistling2:

Oh well, when the lotto number hits things are gonna be different around here...yep :yeahright:

Meanwhile enjoy the view!!

artme
24th November 2009, 04:55 AM
lol ya wallyburger. Its not a mesh, its a blind made of those thin stick things. Keeps the sun out of my shed whilst letting in ample light and breeze. :)

doh::doh:

Reminder to self, "Do not drink and post">

wheelinround
24th November 2009, 06:54 AM
View from my shed this morning:o

Pat collecting timber and donating to my stash Thanks Pat:2tsup:

Grumpy John
24th November 2009, 07:04 AM
Nice looking yard Ed, however the leaves on the ground look like a lot of work :~, don't you have a chainsaw :rolleyes::D.

hughie
24th November 2009, 09:21 AM
Hughie - did the Woodfast come with that very fetching hat? ,,,,:U
nope! its actually a small set of steps :U

Ed Reiss
24th November 2009, 12:44 PM
Nice looking yard Ed, however the leaves on the ground look like a lot of work :~, don't you have a chainsaw :rolleyes::D.

sure do but the next door neighbor might not appreciate it if some morning he found that his trees had disappeared...

Wongdai
24th November 2009, 01:33 PM
doh::doh:

Reminder to self, "Do not drink and post">

Where's the fun in that? :D

Sawdust Maker
24th November 2009, 09:54 PM
View from my shed this morning:o

Pat collecting timber and donating to my stash Thanks Pat:2tsup:

He took my piece :C

wheelinround
23rd December 2009, 01:20 PM
Thought it might be a better photo to put up last one had faults.
Sorry for the poor quality but HTW near by play havoc with digital camera's.

Looking into the sunset out the shed/garage door

Ozkaban
23rd December 2009, 01:40 PM
Nice view, Wheelin' :2tsup:

Ausworkshop
23rd December 2009, 02:00 PM
Here's what I see from my shed, the ugly blue letter box is on my list to be replaced.
The sun rises over the sawmill in the background and the birds come out to eat.:)

By the way, its the largest hardwood sawmill in the southern hemisphere and I look at those stacks lined up and think if I had just one stack I would have enough timber for life.
Vic Ash needs to dry stacked for at least 15 months.

Its now owned by Gunns, like just about every other mill.
Oh, and that is a real rainbow in the first pic, looked much better in real life tho.

rsser
23rd December 2009, 02:03 PM
Lots of timber in those piles.

How high's the fence? ;-}

I sometimes blat through Heyfield on a ride to Licola. Technical bit of road.

Ausworkshop
23rd December 2009, 02:15 PM
35 weir road heyfield - Google Maps (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=35+weir+road+heyfield&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=50.391248,113.818359&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=35+Weir+Rd,+Heyfield+Victoria+3858&t=h&z=16)

That is nothing let me tell you!
Those stacks are tiny little stacks they have just near the gate ready to go into the kiln I think. The main storage area for the really high stacks are behind those stacks and it seems to go on forever, it kind of makes me sick when I think of how many trees are cut down but supposedly its all managed.

If you click the link above you can see a satellite shot from above my house on Google earth.
My house and workshop are barley visible (below the red balloon) compared to the giant saw mill and stacks of timber into the horizon. I'd never seen so much timber in my life until I moved here a few months back.

rsser
23rd December 2009, 03:14 PM
Yeah, thought the wood pile rang a bell. That's on the Glenmaggie Rd yeah?

NeilS
23rd December 2009, 05:56 PM
.... it kind of makes me sick when I think of how many trees are cut down but supposedly its all managed.

Yes, managed for Gunns' share hoders....:C

Ed Reiss
24th December 2009, 01:41 AM
what kind of birds are those, Andrew?

artme
24th December 2009, 02:39 AM
They look suspiciously like Crimson Rosellas, also known as Blue Mountain Parrots , to me Ed,

Ed Reiss
24th December 2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks Arthur, don't have any of those critters around here running free...beautiful birds!!

Bob38S
24th December 2009, 01:15 PM
This pair come around about every 3 weeks and spend a couple of days in the trees beside the shed.

Old farmer
24th December 2009, 01:49 PM
My eyes are not as good as I would wish, Bob, but are they Tawny Frogmouths, please?

Texian
24th December 2009, 03:55 PM
Bob those are cool. Definitely the equal of our little friend Notch that nobody even noticed.

Bob38S
24th December 2009, 04:24 PM
My eyes are not as good as I would wish, Bob, but are they Tawny Frogmouths, please?

I believe so from what I have looked up. They appeared about 18 months ago from nowhere. Pure fluke on my part that the eyes were open on this occasion as I had set up a relatively new camera on a tripod and during the day just snapped off a heap of pix.

Regards,
Bob

Vernonv
24th December 2009, 04:39 PM
Here is a couple of view from the workshop. The first one is looking west, over the house and down the valley, and the second is looking south past the cubby house, to our driveway and the road (which you can't really see).
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=124935&stc=1&d=1261633106
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=124936&stc=1&d=1261633106

rsser
24th December 2009, 05:34 PM
I believe so from what I have looked up. They appeared about 18 months ago from nowhere. Pure fluke on my part that the eyes were open on this occasion as I had set up a relatively new camera on a tripod and during the day just snapped off a heap of pix.

Regards,
Bob

Yeah, those are them alright. V distinctive. Sleep during the day on a perch, sometimes shoulder to shoulder in a group.

Sawdust Maker
24th December 2009, 07:47 PM
Yes, managed for Gunns' share holders....:C

Was one once, decided I didn't like the way they played politics, so I sold up
but I'd like to get my hands on a pile of mixed timbers similar to that one :D

wheelinround
25th December 2009, 07:32 AM
Here is a couple of view from the workshop. The first one is looking west, over the house and down the valley, and the second is looking south past the cubby house, to our driveway and the road (which you can't really see).

Forgot you were in Armidale when we recently went through Vernon. Nice place is that the kids cubby or a copy of Tea Lady's purple shed.

Vernonv
25th December 2009, 08:54 AM
... is that the kids cubby or a copy of Tea Lady's purple shed.It's more of a blue colour, that my wife picked ... maybe picking dodgy colours is a female thing. :rolleyes::D

A Duke
4th April 2011, 12:07 PM
Hi all,

No windows, no gorges view, just a peep hole to see if the car doors I can hear are in my drive or that of 4 neighbours and the street that are in hearing range.

Regards