PDA

View Full Version : Free Oak In California

wheelinround
19th November 2009, 12:15 PM
Obviously this fellow has never been a woodie, his mates would have cleared that tree out of there with no problem at all. Pool might have needed a good vacum though.

Crane removing 150-year-old oak tree crashes through Californian couple's house | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1228802/Crane-removing-150-year-old-oak-tree-crashes-Californian-couples-house.html)

Ozkaban
20th November 2009, 01:39 PM
Ouch! :doh:

That crane was extended a long, long way. I wonder which bit they were picking up. Not clear from the photo.

Made a fairly neat cut through the roof, though. I've seen tradies make a bigger mess than that :duck:

Cheers,
Dave

joe greiner
20th November 2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks, Ray.

Strange that I had to learn about it (yesterday) from an Australian link to a UK story. Not a peep about it in our "news" services.

My contacts in the "news" game will hear about this. (Just to yank their chains, of course.:D)

Cheers,
Joe

artme
21st November 2009, 03:36 AM
:oo::oo::oo::oo::oo:

wheelinround
21st November 2009, 08:28 AM
Joe I feel the same way in this past week I have read 4 news items from the same UK paper about Australian happening we either don't hear about or get 3 weeks later.

badshot
24th November 2009, 02:06 PM
Obviously this fellow has never been a woodie, his mates would have cleared that tree out of there with no problem at all. Pool might have needed a good vacum though.

Crane removing 150-year-old oak tree crashes through Californian couple's house | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1228802/Crane-removing-150-year-old-oak-tree-crashes-Californian-couples-house.html)
This took place about 15 minutes from my house. This is a California Oak tree which is not used in wood working. It's really only good as firewood. The crane was attached to the large tree to keep it from hitting the house when it was cut. Unfortunately they did not figure the physics correctly as the weight of the topped portion of the tree was enough to tip the crane over.

Ozkaban
24th November 2009, 02:13 PM
This took place about 15 minutes from my house. This is a California Oak tree which is not used in wood working. It's really only good as firewood. The crane was attached to the large tree to keep it from hitting the house when it was cut. Unfortunately they did not figure the physics correctly as the weight of the topped portion of the tree was enough to tip the crane over.

:doh: I bet someone is having fun filling out the insurance paperwork :no: