PDA

View Full Version : billycart finally finished

kat56
21st November 2009, 09:00 PM
Finally after struggling with crap plans from homehardware which meant having to redesign & remake some of the parts 3 times the Billycart for grandson number 1 is finished it had its first run and it's first crash all in one day. Grandson & Billycart survived crash .Have started on my slab coffee table hopefully this will be easier than the billycart.attached are photos of the billycart & one of the little bikes I made for grandsons 2 & 3.Cheers Kat

artme
22nd November 2009, 01:58 AM
Good onya kat!! glad it finally worked out.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Good luck with the coffee table. What is the slab BTW?

kat56
22nd November 2009, 10:38 AM
Hey Artthankyou ,who would have thought that a billycart could be so hard but the end product is awesomely fast both my daughter and I had a few runs The slab is camphor laurel, I have 2 both were 7 foot long till I cut 2 feet off the one pictured as my coffee table doesn't need to be that long. Luckily camphor laurel is relatively soft as I don't own a table or circular saw so I was able to hand saw the end off with my trusty japanese pull saw.Cheers Kat

munruben
22nd November 2009, 10:54 AM
Well done.:2tsup:

tea lady
22nd November 2009, 10:55 AM
:2tsup: that looks really cool. We have been thinking about doing a billy cart. they have a billy cart race in Upwey every year. here are some amazing contraptions. :cool:

They other bike and the table slab look good to. (I also love my japanese pull saw. :love:)