PDA

View Full Version : paul call restoration

Farm boy
24th November 2009, 06:28 PM
I was looking at my old combination table saw and jointer and realised after 50 odd years it needed a face lift
i have stripped it down and over the next month or 6 i will give it a new coat of paint and clean it up.
i will not be touching the table saw or jointer as they are pretty good,just polish the steel benches on them
the motor is a 3/4 hp GMF and will give to my bil electrician to check over and give it a coat of paint and maybe a new on and off switch
the table is going to be rubbed back and given 2 coats of galmet hammertone in avacado as this is the nearest colour to match the original

Waldo
25th November 2009, 09:52 AM
G'day Farm boy,

Having a Paul Call jointer I'm interested to see your restoration on the t/saw. Not that I intend ever to restore it for reasons of who owned it before me, but equally I'm interested to follow your progress. :2tsup:

Farm boy
25th November 2009, 03:41 PM
thanks waldo
i will update the pics as i go

JaydenL
18th April 2016, 04:23 PM
Farm Boy, how did you go with the restoration? I just bought a 6 inch Paul Call jointer & table saw, but as I mentioned to Waldo in another thread, it's missing the springs for the jointer blades. Any idea where I might find some that would fit it?

Thanks,

Jayden