PDA

View Full Version : A new shed in Baulkham Hills

Avery
24th November 2009, 08:44 PM
We are well on the way to getting the Hills Mens Shed fully operational.

It is located at Eric Mobbs Reserve, Ferguson Ave. Castle Hill.

The building is an old Scout hall that has not been used for many years. It was in very poor condition when we were given access to it. With the help of Baulkham Hills Council and a core group of about 25 members, we are slowly getting the place into shape. The roof has been replaced, the termites have been chased off (we think) and many repairs and much painting has been done. Plumbing and electrical work is well underway.

Currently we are open every Wednesday from 10:00 till 2:00

Next Saturday, 28th November from 10:00 till 3:00 we are holding an Open Day. If you are in the area and have an interest, drop by for a sausage sandwich, a chat and a good look around.

Allan at Wallan
1st December 2009, 01:11 PM
Northern Woodturners re-located to a scout hall in Kingsbury Vic in
January this year with 25 members.

We now have 40 members and have improved the premises by 100%
with extra power, lighting, dust extraction etc.

I hope you have the same success with your move and look forward
to the odd progress report.

Allan

wheelinround
1st December 2009, 01:33 PM
Avery

I am sorry I didn't see this post sooner 28th has come and gone good luck with it.:2tsup:

Photo's would be good.

Ozkaban
1st December 2009, 02:42 PM
Avery

I am sorry I didn't see this post sooner 28th has come and gone good luck with it.:2tsup:

Photo's would be good.
:whs:

There seems to have been a scout hall at Wollstonecraft in Syd thatn has been converted for this same use.

My heart is torn in two at this - I whole heartedly support the Mens Shed movement, but I am a scout at heart. 'tis sad to see wo many of them no longer being used for scouting. Then again, if it must be so, then at least the halls are becoming mens sheds...

Cheers,
Dave

Bluegum
1st December 2009, 08:16 PM
We are well on the way to getting the Hills Mens Shed fully operational.

It is located at Eric Mobbs Reserve, Ferguson Ave. Castle Hill.

The building is an old Scout hall that has not been used for many years. It was in very poor condition when we were given access to it. With the help of Baulkham Hills Council and a core group of about 25 members, we are slowly getting the place into shape. The roof has been replaced, the termites have been chased off (we think) and many repairs and much painting has been done. Plumbing and electrical work is well underway.

Currently we are open every Wednesday from 10:00 till 2:00

Next Saturday, 28th November from 10:00 till 3:00 we are holding an Open Day. If you are in the area and have an interest, drop by for a sausage sandwich, a chat and a good look around.

Avery,
That is good news to hear. I hope it takes off and goes well for you.:2tsup::2tsup:

artme
2nd December 2009, 10:25 AM
:whs:

There seems to have been a scout hall at Wollstonecraft in Syd thatn has been converted for this same use.

My heart is torn in two at this - I whole heartedly support the Mens Shed movement, but I am a scout at heart. 'tis sad to see wo many of them no longer being used for scouting. Then again, if it must be so, then at least the halls are becoming mens sheds...

Cheers,
Dave

Bit of the same mind Dave. But I guess much of this is to do with demographics and the aging population.

Lots of old scouts are now in retirement so perhaps some of us are getting double use out of the buildings,

The Old Scout Hall at Pine St. in Greenslopes is now the headquarters of The Woodturners' Society of Qld.

Any way Avery the news from your area is all good. So good luck with it.

doug1
5th January 2011, 10:01 PM
hI aLL

Does anyone know if the castle hill shed is still active please

thanks

Doug

Avery
6th January 2011, 07:55 AM
Yes Doug it is still going strong.

We have been closed for a couple of weeks over the holiday season but will be back to work next Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th.