PDA

View Full Version : All opinions welcome

Big Mercer
25th November 2009, 08:40 PM
Hi i was just interested in peoples opinion on what would suit my deck the best in terms of staining i have a tin of cooee that came with my timber when i brought it and was wondering if this is the best product to use i have no idea what is best. All opinions welcome.

artme
26th November 2009, 02:16 AM
G;day Big Mercer and welcome to the cubby.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Damned nice deck!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Don't know that product at all. I guess it was supplied by the deck installers so it may well be an inexpensive, low quality product.

Big Mercer
26th November 2009, 07:42 PM
thats whas i suspected i put too much time in to this to stuff it all up with a poor quality finish, would you reccomend any thing in particular?

Chesand
26th November 2009, 09:02 PM
Have a look at Haymes Dexseal - comes in Clear, Merbau & Jarrah colours.

I have not seen it on a deck but have seen good results on sleepers in landscaping

Hope that helps

Big Mercer
30th November 2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for your replys i went to a paint shop and had a long chat with the guy there, i decided to buy sikkens 077 cost about $140 for 5L and for a 40sq deck (3 coats) i needed 10L with some deck cleaner and a roller it was just over $300, i tried the cooee stain on a sample piece and wasn't impressed so when i finish the sikkens coats i will take a comparason photo to show you all.