PDA

View Full Version : Waterslide inkjet "Clear" Decal Paper

AUSSIE
28th November 2009, 12:54 PM
Waterslide inkjet "Clear" Decal Paper on ebay

Hard to find.You still have to chase up the Crystal Clear Sealer fron Bunnys they say.But this should be what we need for models.Garages etc
HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220510397949&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT) They have a pic of some candles not the sheets of decal paper:B

malb
5th December 2009, 01:19 PM
But the print on the candles is on the clear waterslide paper, so they show the overall effect that is achievable.

AUSSIE
5th December 2009, 01:29 PM
But the print on the candles is on the clear waterslide paper, so they show the overall effect that is achievable.
You are right.It was on their instructions I got as well My mistake and I should have put it up here before this.It actually tells you to clean cheap candles first and a few other hints.:2tsup:
I haven't tried the paper yet,maybe next week

China
6th December 2009, 02:23 AM
I have used the paper many times on restoration projects it is good stuff

AUSSIE
6th December 2009, 07:19 AM
I have used the paper many times on restoration projects it is good stuff
Great news.That is what we wanted to know.Have you any tricks we need to know or is it all straight forward stuff China?:2tsup:

China
6th December 2009, 09:47 PM
No tricks it is all pretty simple, I just followed the directions and all turns out fine

gawdelpus
30th January 2010, 11:32 PM
Just noticed this thread , I have started using clear decal paper in my penmaking ,my wife creates the pictures in publisher and prints on our inkjet printer, I simply spray with Septone clear acrylic from Supercheap autos . Works well and no dramas , I use septone to paint the brass tubes as well also an acrylic, mainly for compatability with the clear cast poly on the pens . Cheers ~ John

Expat
23rd February 2010, 01:53 PM
I was in the Credit Valley Railway Co. store a few days ago and picked up a packet and started making decals for my model railway that I'm calling the Brisbane Southern - a ficticious branch of the AT&SF. The stuff is turning out great. Way better than what I had to make do with years ago. They had four varieties on sale and I've seen others in a couple of other hobby stores and at our local craft centre. If anyone is having trouble finding this stuff at home drop me a line and I'm happy to pick some up for you and send it over. I still have a bank account in Brissie so paying for the stuff is dead easy.