PDA

View Full Version : Model Bakers Cart

wheelinround
29th November 2009, 02:13 PM
This is a some detailed work very nicehttp://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/1060618045036923773VmztJoWebshots - Full Size Photo (http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/1060618045036923773VmztJo)

mardtrp
30th November 2009, 04:15 PM
Someone making them old things again, are they ?

That picture is of a real one, aint it ?

Mark

wheelinround
30th November 2009, 04:27 PM
radish1us's photos and albums on webshots (http://community.webshots.com/user/radish1us)

All round the world people still make them quite a society even has its own forum.

The owner of the above has other models also radish1us's photos and albums on webshots (http://community.webshots.com/user/radish1us)

Not just horse n carts but trucks n stuff.

mardtrp
30th November 2009, 04:59 PM
MY GOD FATHER, which rock has this "joker" been hiding under ?

Unbelievable, eh ?

Well, after going through that lot, don't think I'll ever post any piccys of what I do, that "joker" is absolutely bloody amazing.

Boy, does he deserve this lot. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Mark

artme
30th November 2009, 08:23 PM
Jumping Jehosaphat!! that is incredible work.!! not just the baker's cart but everything else too.

munruben
3rd December 2009, 04:13 PM
How difficult would that 16 spoke wheel be.? Incredible.

RETIRED
3rd December 2009, 09:25 PM
I think he must live in Victoria although I haven't seen his work any where.

Some people should get a hobby.:D

AUSSIE
3rd December 2009, 09:31 PM
I think he must live in Victoria although I haven't seen his work any where.

Some people should get a hobby.:D
Sorry .He lives in QLD:2tsup:

Billy
3rd December 2009, 10:28 PM
Wow, gotta admire the attention to detail:o

Love the Shand Mason, looks like the real thing at the Fire Museum at Penrith.:D

top stuff:2tsup:

cheers, billy:fireman:

wheelinround
4th December 2009, 09:32 AM
Wow, gotta admire the attention to detail:o

Love the Shand Mason, looks like the real thing at the Fire Museum at Penrith.:D

top stuff:2tsup:

cheers, billy:fireman:

Your right there Billy I'd like to give Brian a call out there and organise to go measure some of those old carts up and draw plans for scaled down versions, I reckon a week would do it. :U

crowie
21st March 2012, 07:33 PM
Great find Ray,
Beautiful workmanship.
Cheers, crowie

rogerjenkins
21st March 2012, 09:49 PM
Never ceases to amaze me what some of us "Woodies," are capable of achieving, and puts most of us to shame in the process, in comparison.
** About 20 years ago, ( maybe a bit longer ), I was involved with a group called, " Australian Hobby Toymakers Association, "- ( this was before the internet came along, and reduced communication to what it is today. ),
I have here a series of Photographs taken by a Mr. Clement Green of, Shellharbour, NSW, ( who was in his 70's at the time ), of some completely hand-designed, Remote-control, Wooden Scale Model Boats, several up to SEVEN FEET in length.
There's a Murray River Paddle-Steamer,( "P.S.Emmy Lou" ), which came complete with miniature cabin furniture, and operated from a 12 volt system.
Another photo shows a Scale Model of the WW2 Pilot Ship, " Captain Cook 3 " which is a 7ft, ( 2.1 metre ) R/c working model, operates from 2 x 6 volt batteries, driving a motor converted from a 12 volt air compressor. Model took some 300 hours to build, and sold for,- $3,500..
Another photo, ( of several ), shows another R/c Scale model of the, " S.S.Merimbula," which operated from Sydney to Eden in the early 1900's.
Construction time approximately 800 hours. Model sold for $8,000.00
** Shall attempt to scan in the photos of the abovementioned models on evening when I have some free time, ( " Free time,- wot's that ????? " )

*** Speaking of what can be achieved by some of us Toy-makers / model-makers,- Can any of you guys remember a Mr. Len Hawkette, of Oakleigh, Victoria. Len was known as, " Melbourne's Father Christmas. " ( back in 1987 ) , in those days Len used to Donate between a 1,000, and 1,500 assorted hand-crafted Wooden Toys a year to disabled, and underprivileged children in and around Melbourne, and he was in his mid 70's at the time. According to one of the Victorian Newspaper clippings I have here in my possession, Len was awarded an Order of Australia Medal in 1990 for, " A Service Worthy of Recognition. "
" I dips my lid," in respect to people of this statue. "
Roger

acmegridley
22nd March 2012, 08:15 AM
I remember those bread carts used to be owned by Gartrell White going around North Sydney,the old horse would gently plod around his run ,delicous smell of freshly baked bread when you opened up the back,I off sided on one after school for a few bob a week,they used to sell half loaves those days you just put the loaf over your knee and broke it to give you two halves .Ah nostalgia!!:U