PDA

View Full Version : Advice: How to Turn Sheep

brendan stemp
2nd December 2009, 09:37 AM
Some people call it Ewe Turn but most know it as You Turn Horsham and the second one will be held next year on May 1-3. The first was a resounding success so we just had to do it all again. Its all about woodturners gathering at a venue in Horsham capable of accommodating over 40 lathes, 60 woodturners a number of partners,( but not too many big egos) and woodturning for the weekend, sharing ideas, talking way too much and eating food prepared by some of Horsham's best cooks. Accommodation is organised if needed. Last year we had a number of forumites attend including Bellyup (Bruce) from Brokenhill. Jim and are coming again ( reckons he needs to keep a close eye on me), a big crew from Peninsula Woodturners and the shady mob from Werribbee.

If you are interested please contact me via forum or [email protected]

Numbers are limited (this is not a ploy to get quick responses) so don't file this for attention next year. Act now.:)

Manuka Jock
2nd December 2009, 12:24 PM
http://fabiusmaximus.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/sheep.jpg

brendan stemp
2nd December 2009, 12:37 PM
Yes, yes, very good. At least there were no sheep jokes of the other sort!!

Texian
2nd December 2009, 04:28 PM
You beat me to it Jock. Was gonna say "Just whistle at the dog".

Mulgabill
2nd December 2009, 04:51 PM
Yes, yes, very good. At least there were no sheep jokes of the other sort!!

No Kiwis coming then Brendan??????:;

wheelinround
2nd December 2009, 05:15 PM
:lolabove: now to show LOML :; a spinner and turner :U She now knows that she'll be able to turn and spin wool in one easy manouver

Manuka Jock
2nd December 2009, 08:50 PM
No Kiwis coming then Brendan??????:;

No . We don't like to playing gooseberry to Aussie blokes and their woolly sheilas :U .

Manuka Jock
2nd December 2009, 08:51 PM
You beat me to it Jock. Was gonna say "Just whistle at the dog".

Great minds eh Tex :2tsup:

artme
3rd December 2009, 02:29 AM
Was gunna say but won´t....
Nah bugger it .. Thought you had to be a Kiwi to turn sheep.:?:?

blackwoods
3rd December 2009, 12:48 PM
Brendan is correct. The Horsham Ewe Turn weekend last year was one of the best turnarounds I have been to. Considering it was their first, it is a credit to all the organisers and helpers, especially the catering ladies.
If you have the opportunity to go, then take it. You wont be disappointed.
The only concern was when Brendan was turning in gumboots. That's when the sheep get really nervous!

Jim Carroll
3rd December 2009, 05:31 PM
Brendan is correct. The Horsham Ewe Turn weekend last year was one of the best turnarounds I have been to. Considering it was their first, it is a credit to all the organisers and helpers, especially the catering ladies.
If you have the opportunity to go, then take it. You wont be disappointed.
The only concern was when Brendan was turning in gumboots. That's when the sheep get really nervous!

Must admit it was the first time I had seen Gumboots with Velcro Straps.:rolleyes:

Manuka Jock
3rd December 2009, 09:17 PM
Must admit it was the first time I had seen Gumboots with Velcro Straps.:rolleyes: Ah ,shagger straps ? bit like these eh .
I heard you blokes across the Ditch have 'em :D

http://www.funky-wellington-boots.co.uk/images/gum-boots.jpg

artme
3rd December 2009, 10:05 PM
Ah ,shagger straps ? bit like these eh .
I heard you blokes across the Ditch have 'em :D

http://www.funky-wellington-boots.co.uk/images/gum-boots.jpg

And what a pretty shade of blue!!!:q:q:q:q

RETIRED
3rd December 2009, 10:31 PM
Ok, boys and girls keep it nice now.

wheelinround
4th December 2009, 09:30 AM
And what a pretty shade of blue!!!:q:q:q:q

You screen needs adjustment Arthur they is Purple

Ed Reiss
4th December 2009, 12:47 PM
"ewe" guys crack me up with all that sheep stuff:roflmao2:

rsser
4th December 2009, 03:30 PM
heh heh.

It used to be said that the Aust economy rode on a sheep's back.

Now we get our kicks on the back of an ore truck.

But seriously, the Horsham turn last year was a great event.

I could only make one day cos I foolishly left a window open on the camper trailer and the one day of the year that it rains up there was that day :doh: All the bedding got saturated.

As with other events like this it was BYO lathe, but Brendan and his colleagues had organised a few spares.