PDA

View Full Version : Indexing jig for WL 18 or MC 900 with Vicmark VM100

colhu
2nd December 2009, 05:07 PM
Hi all

This post is aimed at anyone who has a Vicmark VM90 or VM100 chuck running on a Hafco WL18 or a MC900 lathe.

Attached is a photo of an indexing jig I made for mine, which I am offering to anyone who wants it for the cost of the postage (now that I have got my new Nova 3000 up and running :) ).

The jig clamps down to the bed under the chuck, and a pointed bolt with a locking wingnut screws up to engage in one of the indexing holes around the outside edge of the chuck. It's obviously slower than using a built-in indexing system, but it works.

I will post it in a padded post bag or a small box if I can find one. I would expect postage to the East Coast to be about $8, SA, NT & the west a little more.

If you are interested, send me a PM and I will send you my bank details. First PM in gets it.

cheers,
Colin

Ozkaban
3rd December 2009, 08:59 AM
Hi Colin,

Looks nifty. Could I put dibs on it? I don't have the Vicmarc chuck - yet! Will be coming soon-ish, I hope!

I'd be able to pick it up, if you like (and can have a squiz at the Nova 3000 that you got :U)

Cheers,
Dave

colhu
3rd December 2009, 07:00 PM
Hi Dave

Happy for you to have the jig - however I think the MC1100 has a higher spindle height above the bed than the MC900 / WL18 - you will need to extend it a bit.

Give me a call to arrange a time over the weekend.

cheers, Colin

Ozkaban
4th December 2009, 01:27 PM
Hi Colin,

They should be pretty similar - about 150mm or so from the bed to spindle centre. I'll ring you to organise a time.

Cheers,
Dave

Ozkaban
9th February 2010, 03:27 PM
Hi,

Re-opening this thread as Colin passed this jig onto me and I too have upgraded my lathe.

This would suit a MC-900 or a lathe with 150 centre height, but not an MC1100 which has 175mm centre height.

Cost of postage and it's yours. It's a solid little jig - Colin did a good job of making it.

EDIT: Will go in a $5.70 prepaid satchel... so that's all it would cost you.

Cheers,
Dave