PDA

View Full Version : Vicmarc VL200 on Ebay

Poloris
5th December 2009, 08:59 AM
I noticed this lathe newly listed on Ebay.
Even without all the extras it looks like a bargain.
The Buy it now option may be the sellers mistake.

WOOD LATHE - VICMARK VL 200 - eBay, Turning, Woodcrafts, Crafts. (end time 14-Dec-09 17:35:06 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WOOD-LATHE-VICMARK-VL-200_W0QQitemZ140364871200QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Woodcrafts?hash=item20ae65f620)

Mark

hughie
5th December 2009, 09:18 AM
n
oticed this lathe newly listed on Ebay.
Even without all the extras it looks like a bargain.
The Buy it now option may be the sellers mistake.

Well if they did, its a done deal if somebody "buys it now" no change of mind. An Ebay listing is a "contract to buy". :U

Big Shed
5th December 2009, 05:48 PM
Gone to a new home via BuyItNow

skot
5th December 2009, 06:56 PM
I think that was a good buy to the successful recipient. The used chisels alone would be worth about the cost of the entire package.

Enfield Guy
5th December 2009, 08:21 PM
I think that was a good buy to the successful recipient. The used chisels alone would be worth about the cost of the entire package.

I'd reckon.

Ozkaban
5th December 2009, 10:16 PM
$1300 for a VL200?

That's a buy first and ask LOML for forgiveness later....

Ahh well, somebody's enjoying it now!

Cheers,
Dave

artme
6th December 2009, 03:30 AM
Half his luck!!

Obviously snapped up by a knowing person. Trust he has heaps of fun!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Enfield Guy
8th December 2009, 07:35 AM
It was me that bought the items at the "Buy it now" price. Why wouldn't I. I can do with an upgrade from my current lathe and I reckon that at the price it's a bit like money in the bank.

However, it seems that the seller will not respond to my e-mails. Surprise, surprise. Maybe he made a mistake with the buy it now price, maybe not. Either way you would think that he/she would take it on the chin and complete the sale. I've had three goes at contacting them and am yet to get a response. I thought that offer + acceptance = valid contract of sale. I don't want to go to the powers that be and create a hassle and a whole heap of bad blood, but.

So what do the learned forumites reckon? What is my next step.
Cheers
Bevan

jefferson
8th December 2009, 08:11 AM
Bevan.

I'm not sure about the net sales but contract law is simple enough.

If a vendor puts a price on an item (say in a shop), it is merely an "invitation to treat". It is not an offer. You offer to pay the listed price when you take said item to the check out. The vendor accepts it the millisecond before you hand over the cash. Then you have a contract.

If I had the time, I'd help further. I hope you get the VL200. We like Vicmarcs here in Kiewa. :D:D:D

hughie
8th December 2009, 08:21 AM
Check out an see if they have a phone number and also a private email. Some sellers are very slack at replying. He or She may not know its sold already, especially if the email notification goes to a third party such as Gmail etc.

But at the end of the day its a "contract for sale " that has taken up. Only by both parties agreeing can it be waived.

From memory they have not sold much so it may simply be an oversight. If all fails, suggest to them that they leave you no option but to take it further with Ebay.

I find this generally gets a response, invariably an apologetic one at that.

Ozkaban
8th December 2009, 11:18 AM
It was me that bought the items at the "Buy it now" price. Why wouldn't I. I can do with an upgrade from my current lathe and I reckon that at the price it's a bit like money in the bank.

However, it seems that the seller will not respond to my e-mails. Surprise, surprise. Maybe he made a mistake with the buy it now price, maybe not. Either way you would think that he/she would take it on the chin and complete the sale. I've had three goes at contacting them and am yet to get a response. I thought that offer + acceptance = valid contract of sale. I don't want to go to the powers that be and create a hassle and a whole heap of bad blood, but.

So what do the learned forumites reckon? What is my next step.
Cheers
Bevan

What a pain! Bad feedback doesn't begin to cover this...

Jefferson is right about the contract - you make the offer, and the vendor accepts. A contract becomes valid after offer, acceptance and consideration (ie, money/value exchanging hands), so I don't know how far you'll get.

Cheers,
Dave

Vernonv
8th December 2009, 02:27 PM
A contract becomes valid after offer, acceptance and consideration (ie, money/value exchanging hands), so I don't know how far you'll get.Being that this is an auction may change things (although I don't know how "buy it now" affects that)?

Ozkaban
8th December 2009, 02:37 PM
Being that this is an auction may change things
Good point - forgot about that!

(although I don't know how "buy it now" affects that)?:shrug:

Ozkaban
8th December 2009, 02:42 PM
What is my next step.

I just had a quick look at the auction - the seller has a rating of 0... no reputation to lose, which makes it harder for you, I think.

Have you gone through eBay's help system? If you have already paid through paypal, there may be buyer protection involved, though I have no idea how it is affected but this sort of issue - it might be limited to you getting your money back which doesn't help a whole lot... I'd be watching ebay to see if the lathe comes up again with a different buy it now price. You might then have a claim against that.

cheers,
dave

Enfield Guy
8th December 2009, 02:46 PM
My understanding, after reading the sellers obligations on ebay, are that once someone has taken up the "but it now" price that amounts to a contract for sale. I'm no lawyer though. I am going to give him until tonight to respond then I will send him another e-mail telling him that if he doesn't respond within 24 hours I will put it in the hands of the dispute resolution process within ebay. Can't see much more that I can do. No phone number to contact him on and I have given him mine.

Cheers

Big Shed
8th December 2009, 02:50 PM
Being that this is an auction may change things (although I don't know how "buy it now" affects that)?

My understanding of how these combined Ebay Auctions/Buy It Now work is that a Buy It Now cancels the auction and an opening bid in the auction cancels the Buy It Now.

So, if the buyer agrees to buy the item by clicking on the Buy It Now, the buyer has accepted the sellers offer to sell at that price, therefore a contract does exist.

However, at the end of the day if the seller does not come good on the sale there appears little that the buyer can do in a case like this other than to alert Ebay and ask for their assistance. As only a few days have passed I doubt wheteher Ebay will get involved at this early stage.

Vernonv
8th December 2009, 02:51 PM
Here's a news story about an ebay seller being forced to hand over an item by a NSW court : eBay sale is a sale, court rules - web - Technology - smh.com.au (http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/08/03/1185648121130.html)

Big Shed
8th December 2009, 02:55 PM
In the case of BuyItNow it should then certainly be a binding contract as it doesn't involve a bid, but an acceptance of a firm price offer.

Calm
8th December 2009, 02:56 PM
From what i can see - this is the first sale this person has ever made on Ebay -no feedback.

If i remember correctly the buy it now price was the same as the starting price.

My thoughts are that a new person has advertised this and not realised they ticked the buy it now box or not understanding what it meant - so hasnt checked until the end date is due.

I think in time they will contact you but i dont expect them to be happy with the buy it now option being taken up when it is explained to them.

Good luck

Cheers

Mr Brush
8th December 2009, 03:08 PM
Calm is probably right...I can imagine the seller thinking "Buy it now???? Of course I want them to buy it now - TICK"

:no:

Sapling
8th December 2009, 03:15 PM
I won an item on ebay, not buy it now but the auction ran its course. Contacted the seller to arrange pickup and payment and their reply was that the item had sold too cheap, they wanted more for it and were not going sell. Contacted ebay who were quick to deal with it. Trouble is, didn't get the item, didn't find out the outcome of the ebay enquiry into the seller because of privacy laws bla bla. So as for binding contracts ?????????????

wands
8th December 2009, 06:34 PM
In my humble opinion, it is a bit like walking behind someone when they drop some money. I am tipping just about all here would pick up the money, tap the person on the shoulder and hand the money back. You never know, they could say "that's alright you keep it". What goes around usually comes back sometime, somewhere down the track.

When you do contact them, let them know of their possible mistake. You are picking up a grand or so that they may have dropped. Then again, they may full well know it.

It all gets down to how you feel about it? Sorry to get on the high moral grounds, but you're not picking up some loose change, you may well be picking up some substantial money of the seller's, which he/she (they) may be counting on.

Good luck in whatever happens.

Regards, Steve

Ozkaban
8th December 2009, 06:59 PM
I must admit, I hadn't thought about it from the point of a genuine error where the person didn't realise what was going on.

I have no idea what the right thing to do here is...

jow104
8th December 2009, 07:04 PM
I note the seller has a triton dust bucket:;

arose62
8th December 2009, 08:03 PM
Hmmmm - I live in Kanwal, and I think I have actually looked at that exact lathe when it was advertised in the local paper quite a while ago.

If it is the same one, the guy was very open and honest, and my guess would be computer illiteracy (he was no spring chicken), or he's farmed the ebaying out to a friend / relative and there is a chain of correspondence to get the fact of the sale through.

I'm sure I mentioned this forum when I looked at the lathe, and the reaction was pretty much "Computers !?!?! Never used one in my life, not planning to start now!"

I'm considering walking over and seeing if it is the same folk selling the same lathe.....

arose62
9th December 2009, 12:16 PM
OK, I've been to visit the seller, and they are an older couple with very limited computer exposure, fumbling with ebay for the first time.

Their intent was to suggest a starting price, and hopefully achieve more via auction, and their expectation was that it would take a lot longer than it has, to achieve a sale - thus not turning on the computer for several days.

I've passed on their phone number to "Enfield Guy", and I fully expect that this will all be resolved after a phone call or two.

Cheers,
Andrew

Calm
9th December 2009, 01:00 PM
OK, I've been to visit the seller, and they are an older couple with very limited computer exposure, fumbling with ebay for the first time.

Their intent was to suggest a starting price, and hopefully achieve more via auction, and their expectation was that it would take a lot longer than it has, to achieve a sale - thus not turning on the computer for several days.

I've passed on their phone number to "Enfield Guy", and I fully expect that this will all be resolved after a phone call or two.

Cheers,
Andrew

A great thing to do to help others

Have a greenie.

Cheers

Enfield Guy
9th December 2009, 01:12 PM
A great thing to do to help others

Have a greenie.

Cheers

Couldn't agree more. Have one from me as well.

I will ring the guy later in the day and hopefully find a satisfactory outcome.

Cheers

Ozkaban
9th December 2009, 01:15 PM

Cheers,
Andrew

And add a third from me.

It is very easy to make assumptions about peoples motives, and get it very wrong. thanks for taking the time to help sort something out that gains you nothing.

Cheers,
Dave

Big Shed
9th December 2009, 02:00 PM
And a fourth from me.

Fantastic selfless effort on behalf of another forumite:2tsup::2tsup:

Enfield Guy
9th December 2009, 06:46 PM
Just to let you people know what has transpired. Arose62 has visited the people and yep, Ebay illiterate. The seller has contacted me via e-mail and I have in turn rung him on the number that Andrew so kindly passed on to me. Yep, nice people. They understand their mistake but are happy to complete the transaction at the "buy it now" price. Not angry, not upset, they just feel a little silly for having made the mistake. So, what I have said is that I am happy to forgo the sale and allow him to relist the item in the new year. I don't need the thing. Would VERY much like it though. My lathe will do me for the while. And besides, I'm under the pump at the moment and probably couldn't pick it up until the new year anyway.

By the way, with the lathe there is a scroll saw, an electric plane and some other odds and sods. Keep an eye out for it. I truely hope he gets a more appropriate price for it next time. I know I will be watching. At least I will be able to sleep tonight!!!

Cheers
Bevan

Ozkaban
9th December 2009, 06:54 PM
Just to let you people know what has transpired. Arose62 has visited the people and yep, Ebay illiterate. The seller has contacted me via e-mail and I have in turn rung him on the number that Andrew so kindly passed on to me. Yep, nice people. They understand their mistake but are happy to complete the transaction at the "buy it now" price. Not angry, not upset, they just feel a little silly for having made the mistake. So, what I have said is that I am happy to forgo the sale and allow him to relist the item in the new year. I don't need the thing. Would VERY much like it though. My lathe will do me for the while. And besides, I'm under the pump at the moment and probably couldn't pick it up until the new year anyway.

By the way, with the lathe there is a scroll saw, an electric plane and some other odds and sods. Keep an eye out for it. I truely hope he gets a more appropriate price for it next time. I know I will be watching. At least I will be able to sleep tonight!!!

Cheers
Bevan

You're a good and honourable person Bevan. A greenie for you too!

Cheers,
Dave

Calm
9th December 2009, 07:15 PM
You're a good and honourable person Bevan. A greenie for you too!

Cheers,
Dave

Same from me - that is "THE RIGHT " thing to do.

You never know you may get it again in the new year. - Andf out of all this we have helped another "old person" just like some of us

Cheers

texx
9th December 2009, 09:14 PM
all i can say to that is well done mate and i am very proud of ya , blokes like you are rare :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:
how the hell do you give greenie things in here.

RETIRED
9th December 2009, 09:42 PM
Press the little scale thing in the top right corner of the post which you want to give a green for.

Enfield Guy
9th January 2010, 11:40 AM
Further information about this lathe. The seller kindly contacted me to give me a chance to make an offer. I have declined as I am not that financial at the moment. The upshot of this is the the seller will soon be relisting the lathe. So, keep your eye out for it.
Cheers

Enfield Guy
14th January 2010, 10:09 PM
This lathe is now back on e bay. I tried to post a link but can't seem to work it out. Search for wood lathes and have a browse. 9 days to go at the moment. I hope the the gentleman gets a decent price and the buyer gets a good deal. No connection.
Cheers

Big Shed
14th January 2010, 10:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140374174637&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Enfield Guy
14th January 2010, 10:29 PM
Thanks for that!!!!
Cheers

Ozkaban
15th January 2010, 10:03 AM
Just noticed they've spelt it 'vicmark', so searching for 'vicmarc' doesn't find it. I've done this in the past and found it hurts the final price. Hopefully an item like this will have a couple of serious bidders anyway so fingers crossed for them.

Cheers,
Dave

Enfield Guy
15th January 2010, 11:05 AM
Good spotting!!! I will let them know. Maybe they can edit the listing.
Cheers

tea lady
15th January 2010, 11:05 AM
They should just put a for sale notice up on here! :shrug:

This is an amazing story. You are all gentlemen. :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Frank&Earnest
15th January 2010, 08:59 PM
They should just put a for sale notice up on here! :shrug:

Our gentlemen have already done so for them. :D

I feel for them, though. After all this, they are most likely torn between looking silly with so many people and making a quick buck even if it means losing the opportunity to make more, quite aware of the fact that shrouds do not have pockets. If it ends up selling for $1500 because there are not that many people out there buying lathes, my bet is that they will curse the extra hassle they had for a mere $200.

Enfield Guy, seen that you want to do the right thing, I think you are now morally obliged to make at least one offer. Otherwise you have just only chickened out! :D

Enfield Guy
15th January 2010, 09:11 PM
I'm thinking that anyone who has been looking for one of these or similar, and as we all know, they don't come up that often, would be more than happy to pay the sort of price that these generally go for on e-pay. I may bid. But from what I have seen in the past, I would expect that it will sell for more than I can afford right now. Have a good look at what is on offer and do the numbers at 50% of the price you would pay today.

Happy hunting
Cheers

Ozkaban
24th January 2010, 10:48 AM
finally finished on ebay - total price was $2250, which I think is more fair. I've noticed that the bench mount, 6 speed VL200s aren't a lot more than that new, but that it without a motor, stand, bunch of chisels and other bits and pieces. All in all, I think a fair price. I hope so, or SWMBO is going to kill me for paying that much :2tsup: Yup, I bought it! Far too much money for me at the moment, but I had a $%!#%-it moment when setting the max bid...

Anyway, now the joy of making contact and picking the thing up... Oh, and flogging a bunch of stuff to pay for it!!!

cheers,
Dave

DJ’s Timber
24th January 2010, 11:18 AM
Nice one Dave, you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it for a long time :H

wheelinround
24th January 2010, 11:38 AM
finally finished on ebay - total price was $2250, which I think is more fair. I've noticed that the bench mount, 6 speed VL200s aren't a lot more than that new, but that it without a motor, stand, bunch of chisels and other bits and pieces. All in all, I think a fair price. I hope so, or SWMBO is going to kill me for paying that much :2tsup: Yup, I bought it! Far too much money for me at the moment, but I had a $%!#%-it moment when setting the max bid...

Anyway, now the joy of making contact and picking the thing up... Oh, and flogging a bunch of stuff to pay for it!!!

cheers,
Dave

Dave I think you've been got at look closer This is the same machine original post right

WOOD LATHE - VICMARK VL 200 - eBay, Turning, Woodcrafts, Crafts. (end time 05-Dec-09 16:45:08 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WOOD-LATHE-VICMARK-VL-200_W0QQitemZ140364871200QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Woodcrafts?hash=item20ae65f620)
Says it sold for <table class="vi-is1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="4">WOOD LATHE - VICMARK VL 200

</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4" height="10">
</td></tr><tr><td class="vi-is1-lbl">Item condition:</td><td colspan="3" class="vi-is1-clr">Used</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4" height="10">
</td></tr><tr><td class="vi-is1-lbl">Ended</td><td colspan="3" class="vi-is1-clr">05 Dec, 200916:45:08 AEDST</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4" height="10">
</td></tr><tr><td class="vi-is1-lbl">Bid history:</td><td colspan="3" class="vi-is1-clr">1 bid (http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=140364871200)</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4" height="10">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4" class="vi-is1-bdr">
</td></tr><tr><td class="vi-is1-lblp vi-is1-solidBg">Sold For:</td><td class="vi-is1-solid vi-is1-tbll">AU $1,300.00</td><td colspan="2" class="vi-is1-solid vi-is1-tblb">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4" class="vi-is1-bdr">
</td></tr></tbody></table>Unless of course it fell through.

this is your's WOOD LATHE - VICMARC VL 200 - eBay, Turning, Woodcrafts, Crafts. (end time 24-Jan-10 09:30:55 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140374174637&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

wheelinround
24th January 2010, 11:39 AM
Hey DJ heard you been in horsepital hope all went well

Ray:2tsup:

Ozkaban
24th January 2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks DJ. I reckon a lathe of this sort will do me for a very long time. I might add an EVS drive at some point, but I'm happy with belt change for now.

Ray - If you go through the first couple of pages of this thread you'll see the story behind that original listing... Wasn't meant to be buy-it-now - it was an accident by first time ebayers. This was the relisting.

Cheers,
Dave

tea lady
24th January 2010, 11:54 AM

cheers,
Dave:wave: Yippee! :2tsup: And you've got a good story to go with it. I like having good stories. Quite a number of my tools are from people off here. Its like having a tool box full of friends.:cool: Plus, they are pre trained.:D

Ozkaban
24th January 2010, 11:58 AM
:wave: Yippee! :2tsup: And you've got a good story to go with it. I like having good stories. Quite a number of my tools are from people off here. Its like having a tool box full of friends.:cool: Plus, they are pre trained.:D

Yes, pretrained tools (and lathe!) are very useful :2tsup: I'm expecting to become an expert turner the instant I fire the thing up :cool:

wheelinround
24th January 2010, 12:04 PM
Thanks DJ. I reckon a lathe of this sort will do me for a very long time. I might add an EVS drive at some point, but I'm happy with belt change for now.

Ray - If you go through the first couple of pages of this thread you'll see the story behind that original listing... Wasn't meant to be buy-it-now - it was an accident by first time ebayers. This was the relisting.

Cheers,
Dave

Wow great bunch of forumites well done the lot of you :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

arose62
24th January 2010, 01:49 PM
If you have any communication hassles (seller is not a PC or eBay expert :), give me a PM, as I live walking distance from the lathe, and am happy to do some face-to-face ironing out of misunderstandings.

Cheers,
Andrew

Ozkaban
24th January 2010, 02:01 PM
If you have any communication hassles (seller is not a PC or eBay expert :), give me a PM, as I live walking distance from the lathe, and am happy to do some face-to-face ironing out of misunderstandings.

Cheers,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew - very kind of you. PM sent.

Cheers,
Dave

Enfield Guy
24th January 2010, 03:44 PM
Congratulations to Ozkaban on a fine purchase. I am thrilled that the seller got a fair price for the lathe and similarly thrilled that it has gone to a forumite. David, the seller, is an honest and upright person. I think you will be more than happy with the value you receive. My understanding is that there are a couple of other things he is planning to include with the sale. Maybe a couple of things you might be able to use to offset the price paid.

Cheers and best of luck.
Bevan

Ozkaban
24th January 2010, 04:30 PM
Congratulations to Ozkaban on a fine purchase. I am thrilled that the seller got a fair price for the lathe and similarly thrilled that it has gone to a forumite. David, the seller, is an honest and upright person. I think you will be more than happy with the value you receive. My understanding is that there are a couple of other things he is planning to include with the sale. Maybe a couple of things you might be able to use to offset the price paid.

Cheers and best of luck.
Bevan

I agree about the fair price. Normally I would put a limit on what I reckon 'bargain' status would be and if I lose it, so be it. This time, as mentioned I thought sod-it - I want it. So I put on a fairly high price, and it nearly got there :o

I think the add hurt him a bit to be honest. I have no idea whether the chisels are Sorby's or Carbon Steel from El Cheapos... I suspect somewhere in the middle, but it is a lottery. Also, if the extras were spelt out and ave photographed I would have been better to gauge value. As it is, I think I paid fair for the lathe and some extras, but it becomes a bit of a gamble. I have no doubt that from your dealings with him that he's very honest and decent, so that helped a lot. I hope he's happywith the re-run of the auction - I would be!

Cheers,
Dave

Frank&Earnest
24th January 2010, 05:49 PM
Gee, what an interest! In the time it took me to type "Congratulations Dave, and now a pat on the back for Enfield Guy :)" there were 11 posts and the server gave me a "can't connect" message. :o

We should have more of these "human interest stories" to increase circulation! :D

Calm
24th January 2010, 05:55 PM
Post 19

From what i can see - this is the first sale this person has ever made on Ebay -no feedback.

If i remember correctly the buy it now price was the same as the starting price.

My thoughts are that a new person has advertised this and not realised they ticked the buy it now box or not understanding what it meant - so hasnt checked until the end date is due.

I think in time they will contact you but i dont expect them to be happy with the buy it now option being taken up when it is explained to them.

Good luck

Cheers

Guess who picked it from the start:D:D:p:p

BTW Dave remember you wouldn't have it so don't get out the voodoo doll just yet.:D:D Good bye though i reckon and good to see the right people won (for a change)

rsser
24th January 2010, 06:00 PM
Congrats Dave!

You'll love it :2tsup:

Ozkaban
24th January 2010, 08:05 PM
Post 19

Guess who picked it from the start:D:D:p:p

BTW Dave remember you wouldn't have it so don't get out the voodoo doll just yet.:D:D Good bye though i reckon and good to see the right people won (for a change)

Fair call, Calm. I am glad it has turned out how it has.

Congrats Dave!

You'll love it :2tsup:

:D:D:D

philf
24th January 2010, 09:30 PM
What a great read this has been and a great outcome, warms the cockels of the heart.

What a great gesture from Bevan well done mate :2tsup:

And also a big :2tsup: for Andrew for taking the time to follow it through and fix a genuine mistake, it's made my night :):) a greenie for you both if I'm allowed to give two.

hughie
25th January 2010, 09:02 AM
Well, alls well, that ends well. :2tsup:

keithkarl2007
25th January 2010, 09:23 AM
Now there's another reason why i'd love to move down-under. Honest, trustworthy folk, if that had happened here there would have been a completely different outcome

Ozkaban
25th January 2010, 09:29 AM

Cheers,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I have spoken to the seller and have organised to pick it up this week. Thanks for your kind offer. He does seem to be a very decent guy.

I think my wife is already sick of the thing. Impulse purchases aren't supposed to run into this amount of money, apparently :shrug:

I tried explaining that it was to reduce the ratio of expense between lathe and accessories, but I don't think she bought it :no:

Cheers,
Dave

hughie
25th January 2010, 10:40 AM
I tried explaining that it was to reduce the ratio of expense between lathe and accessories, but I don't think she bought it :no:

:U Dave I wouldn't be game SWMBO is a CPA

rsser
25th January 2010, 11:37 AM
LOL.

Talk about ROI then.

But insist that the returns be treated as an external economy.

Enfield Guy
25th January 2010, 11:47 AM
When you pick the lathe up, wish David a happy birthday. I believe his birthday is AUSTRALIA DAY. I'm sure he would be surprised and would appreciate the thought.

Cheers

Ashes
26th January 2010, 05:34 PM
Lucky you can pick it up. Would have been a bugger to post:U

Ozkaban
26th January 2010, 06:21 PM
Lucky you can pick it up. Would have been a bugger to post:U

Dunno mate, have you seen the posties up this way??? :oo:

Mind you, imagining one of them riding along on the little postie bike with a VL200 over their shoulder would be pretty cool :cool:

Cheers,
Dave

Ozkaban
26th January 2010, 06:22 PM
When you pick the lathe up, wish David a happy birthday. I believe his birthday is AUSTRALIA DAY. I'm sure he would be surprised and would appreciate the thought.

Cheers

Spoke to him today about the pickup, and he said thanks for the birthday wishes :2tsup:

Cheers,
Dave

Sawdust Maker
26th January 2010, 06:55 PM

cheers,
Dave

Congrats
and as is said - it is easier to ask for forgiveness :D

colhu
26th January 2010, 10:27 PM
Hi Dave

Well done on the purchase. If you need a trailer for the pickup, give me a call.

cheers, Colin

Ozkaban
27th January 2010, 10:36 AM
Hi Dave

Well done on the purchase. If you need a trailer for the pickup, give me a call.

cheers, Colin

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the offer. The trailer is no probs, it's the hours that I need! I think somebody has secretly synchronised our schedules so that we are not available when the other one on is ready to go... Will happen soon enough though:2tsup:

Cheers,
Dave