PDA

View Full Version : Brasso

dj_pnevans
5th December 2009, 10:22 PM
I made a resin pen for the wife got as far as using brasso and found out that there was small pin hole now filled with dry brasso. Is there a good way of cleaning it with out any damage? I have tried water.
David

Big Shed
5th December 2009, 10:50 PM
I made a resin pen for the wife got as far as using brasso and found out that there was small pin hole now filled with dry brasso. Is there a good way of cleaning it with out any damage? I have tried water.
David

As Brasso is hydrocarbon based, ie Turps or White Spirit, I would try some of that with an old toothbrush to get in to the pinhole.

BoomerangInfo
6th December 2009, 06:39 AM
Yeah it's the pits when you brasso and find the flaws you couldn't see earlier. I purchased a cheap $30 ultrasonic cleaner from Aldi last week "just in case". I wonder if that'd work?

Russell.

dj_pnevans
6th December 2009, 12:56 PM
Hi Fred I had a go with tuprs no luck but the old tooth brush should do the trick.
Thanks
David

old dog
20th December 2009, 09:27 PM
An air compressor and blower comes in handy and will remove it ,that's if you have one.

NewLondon88
21st December 2009, 12:17 AM
I have an air eraser pen that works well. It's just like an airbrush, except that it holds
very fine abrasive instead of paint. Perhaps a disposable airbrush kit might work? Just
use one of the bottles for the powdered abrasive and plan on discarding the bottle?
I think the media I used was 320, but I'd have to look. Might need to put a little CA on
it to fill after that. I see those kits around for $15 or so.. an air hose with 5 or 6 bottles.

That is .. if the toothbrush doesn't work.