PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

kinx
7th December 2009, 09:55 AM
Hi everyone, this site has been a real help to me on my first project (see below) would have been a trial and error if I hadn't found the huge wealth of knowledge here so readily given, so thank you all for that!

My first project was built in a school workshop on saturday mornings in melbourne, as I live in an apartment I dont have the space to build anything here (and a 9mnth old baby so....)

Does anyone know of anywhere you can rent out space or a bench in say an community workshop or school that can also store your piece until completion?

I am based in Melbourne and have transport.

Thanks again guys n gals for all the priceless information in here!

http://www.ozorbust.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/l_2048_1536_2F291102-BB57-4103-ACAA-2FD9CE50B9E3.jpeg

Craig

jmk89
7th December 2009, 10:11 AM
Welcome Kinx. Your project seems to have turned out well.

How about getting in touch with your closest Men's Shed?

The other thing is that quite a few people living in appartments do woodwork (I used to when I was an appartment dweller) - they just tend to restrict themselves to hand tools only

kinx
7th December 2009, 10:21 AM
thanks mate!

I had thought of building in here but the project I have uses contact adhesive and danish oil, there isnt any outdoor space so its a bit rough on the wife n baby!

I tried the Wood Design Centre (http://www.vwa.org.au/des_designcen.htm) by the meat markets and they are renovating till at least feb '10.

Cleokitty
7th December 2009, 11:20 AM
Hi Kinx;

Look in the Announcements Forum for the thread Workshop space for rent. There's a space in Elsternwick. =^..^=

"Does anyone know of anywhere you can rent out space or a bench in say an community workshop or school that can also store your piece until completion?

I am based in Melbourne and have transport."

Craig[/QUOTE]

kinx
7th December 2009, 11:21 AM
thanks Cleo, just got a message from him

munruben
7th December 2009, 04:26 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum. Hope you are successful in your search

artme
7th December 2009, 09:04 PM
G'day Kinx and welcome to the funfair.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Must say you are keen and that is a great piece of work.:):)

Hope you find What you are looking for.

joe greiner
8th December 2009, 01:24 AM
Welcome aboard, kinx.

A bloke I worked with many years ago in Long Beach CA was in a similar fix. He signed up for woodworking instruction at a local community college every now and then. After a few cycles, the instructor was confident he was safety-minded, and just let him use the shop for work and storage. Might be another possibility for you. Check with your local schools.

Cheers,
Joe

Christos
9th December 2009, 01:08 AM
Welcome to the site.