PDA

View Full Version : T Track Supply

Termite
20th August 2004, 09:39 AM
Here is the answer to your dream supply of T Track

www.8020.com.au

When the page opens click on enter. When the second page opens scroll down to "New Products". When this page opens If you click on the profile you like it will give you all dimensions.

Kevin Tsang is the man to ring, and I told him I was posting this on the site.
Prices for the ones that I think will interest us are:-
Part No: 25-2514. 25mm x 13mm T-Slot extrusion. 4metre length $53.10.
Part No: 1050. 1" x 0.5". T-Slot extrusion. 145" (3.68M) $47.10
Kind regards
Termite

MrFixIt
26th August 2004, 01:57 AM
Hi Termite

Yes, it's not too bad. I discovered this track material some time ago. It was not available at that time, though I did get the specs on it.

I asked Kevin for a couple of sample offcuts to check the track dimensions "physically".

Kevin is very helpful and obliging. I received the 25mm square section offcuts and found that the track is "workable" though the trapeziodal channel limits the type of "bolt" or fixing method used.

You can of course use the 8020 "nut" fastenings though they are quite expensive.

The price is good for the exceptional quality of the extrusion. The slight problem it has, is that it is a little "deep" at 13mm. This precludes it from installation in a single "layer" of 18-19mm mdf. The "sail" track has a depth advantage.

I have 6mm hex head bolts that will (just) slide through the track, though the 6mm nuts will not. I have searched for a 6mm or 1/4" cup head bolt, I don't have any here at the moment, but my guess is that they would fit and work well.