PDA

View Full Version : Top Jap tool supplier.

JDarvall
8th December 2009, 07:16 AM
Sounds like bit of a plug I spose. But its not often I don't feel like I'm being fed BS to make a sale, getting me to buy an inferior tool or one I dont even need. So I think the bloke deserves a bit of a plug.

Bought a Japanese Razor saw and butt chisel from Stu of Tokyo.

I didn't realise just how many types of saws there were. Steel types etc etc. So many I couldn't get my head around it.

Told him what I wanted. Basically blades to handle hardwood better. Crosscuts. less wear. etc And he pin pointed what I was after based on personal experience. no mucking about. Honesty .and have recieved a beautiful cutting saw and a chisel thats holding its edge beautifully. And strangely, I thought, Cheaper, even with all the postage from Japan, than if I'd bought them from a local joint.

Thanks mate.

Jake

Waldo
8th December 2009, 10:18 AM
G'day Apricotripper,

Gotta love good quality and more so when you pick it up from overseas cheaper. Dozukis and the like I reckon are the ducks guts. :2tsup:

artme
8th December 2009, 12:03 PM
Good for you Jake and good on Stu>:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Bought a couple of Dozukis some years ago from C_T. Love 'em. Just a tad expensive.

jmk89
8th December 2009, 01:02 PM
I bought a dozuki, an ink line, a diamond shapening plate and a wrench from Stu (http://www.toolsfromjapan.com/store/)- great price and service

Tisorp
8th December 2009, 06:37 PM
Thank you Jake.
Bookmarked in preparation.

Cheers Jeff

JDarvall
9th December 2009, 05:11 AM
good bloke alright.

allisa
21st December 2009, 05:24 PM
Dozuki is really very nice, its price and service is very good. I had used some of dozuki, really very nice experience with these.

Sam
16th May 2010, 09:07 PM
A few months later - I just bought a Ryoba and Dozuki from Stuart at Tools from Japan, Japanese woodworking tools direct from Japan. (http://www.toolsfromjapan.com/store/) for the cost of one saw alone elsewhere in Melbourne. He promptly answered all my emails and for $10 postage they were delivered in about a week and half.

I highly recommend toolsfromjapan, the customer service and prices are fantastic.

Glider
20th May 2010, 09:23 PM
I highly recommend toolsfromjapan, the customer service and prices are fantastic.

Good tip guys. I love my japanese saw & have been looking for more at decent prices. Thanks, :2tsup:

woodhunt
22nd June 2010, 09:42 PM
I couldn't fault my purchase from him.

Sent a couple of paragraphs explaining what I was doing with certain woods expecting a quick blunt answer (I'd already worked out what I needed but was curious as to what Stu would suggest). I received an in depth email (6-8 paragraphs from memory) extolling certain brands and explaining the shortcomings of others in a completely unbiased way.

Impressed with the service so far, I sent my order along with a query about the flush cut I had ordered. Stu sent another equally comprehensive email along with a bonus blade thrown in for me to try out, which ended up progressing to a full saw by the time the order was sent!

Great packing (and postage price- I have been a victim of a couple of US postages in the past), and it arrived spot on time.

Very impressed with the accuracy of the saws- I was already sold with a cheap dozuki that was left at an industrial antiques workshop. These were a cut above that in terms of quality- $35 saws probably around $65-80 over here. All up 4 saws cost me $95...

rsser
25th June 2010, 10:07 AM
+1 for Stu.

I bought a couple of ceramic waterstones from him and got very useful advice before and after the purchase.