PDA

View Full Version : happy with this one

texx
8th December 2009, 03:29 PM
did a little 50mil mix on sunday and poured one blank in one of those blue ice cube try things ( woolies ) .
anyway only made the one blank and it never looked all that good when it was cured but i ran a 7mm drill through it and fitted the tubes not much of a blank i thought just make a cheepy out of it , turned it and never stopped the lathe untill it was finished polished up and all , then when i stopped the lathe got a pleasant supprise , i love it .
now can i repeat that pour and make some more , i doubt it .

wheelinround
8th December 2009, 03:31 PM
I'd call it Desert Lightning like the colours :2tsup:

texx
8th December 2009, 04:06 PM
funny how a little success inspires you , after turning that pen it gave me the urge to pour another , so i ripped up to the shed ( with water bottle in hand its about a zillion degree's in there ) anyway mixed up 2 x 50ml lots of resin with a yellow or gold pearlex in one and a deep redish ( can't remember the colour names ) in the other then dribbled then into 2 ( gone bigtime now ) ice cube moulds with nothing in particular in mind but once the resin was in the moulds i thought now they are brisbane broncos pens so we will see what happens when they cure .
this is exciting :U

wheelinround
8th December 2009, 04:14 PM
funny how a little success inspires you , after turning that pen it gave me the urge to pour another , so i ripped up to the shed ( with water bottle in hand its about a zillion degree's in there ) anyway mixed up 2 x 50ml lots of resin with a yellow or gold pearlex in one and a deep redish ( can't remember the colour names ) in the other then dribbled then into 2 ( gone bigtime now ) ice cube moulds with nothing in particular in mind but once the resin was in the moulds i thought now they are brisbane broncos pens so we will see what happens when they cure .
this is exciting :U

Texx keep a close eye on the greening in these temps I have seen self ignition or resins that was in the middle of a large workshop about this time of year. Smoke at first mix box was to hot to pick p so used a shovel thats when flames came, thank goodness it wasn't on the pile of 40ft floor ply that had just been delivered.

gawdelpus
8th December 2009, 08:22 PM
Looks almost like a "WW" pen hehe, no matter if you can't repeat it that's the joy of creation , I made a pen today that I can't repeat .even if I wanted to ,it may stay in my "Black Box" hehe. The surprises continue in this addiction ,never gonna get to a conclusive end to possabilities :no: well done on your surprise cast hehe , cheers ~ John :2tsup::2tsup:

texx
8th December 2009, 08:29 PM
had a go at repeating it and i may of just dont know until i turn one .

dj_pnevans
8th December 2009, 10:47 PM
You have done well Texx looks cool.
David

NewLondon88
9th December 2009, 03:15 AM
Looks pretty good from here :D

artme
9th December 2009, 04:50 AM
Well done mate!!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

The second lot look just fine.

Not pressure pot? No vacuum pot?

No bubbles? What resin?

MBUMIK
9th December 2009, 08:12 AM
looks pretty good to me

i have found if they look good as a blank, then they look awesome as a pen

i reckon you have a couple of awesome pens in the making

MIK

texx
9th December 2009, 05:08 PM
Well done mate!!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

The second lot look just fine.

Not pressure pot? No vacuum pot?

No bubbles? What resin?

no pot , no pressure , no bubbles in the first one dont know about the others yet
and diggers from bun's the not so cheap way of buying it .

wheelinround
9th December 2009, 05:19 PM
Interesting colours Texx

May I suggest a well waxed shoe box lid for bulk lots or similar

munruben
9th December 2009, 06:37 PM
Well done texx, good looking pen.:2tsup: