PDA

View Full Version : wood wood wood

Rum Pig
9th December 2009, 02:26 PM
This is for you QLD mob could be a good deal:2tsup:
wood turning red cedar, silky oak, camphor laural, - eBay, Turning, Woodcrafts, Crafts. (end time 13-Dec-09 19:31:33 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/wood-turning-red-cedar-silky-oak-camphor-laural_W0QQitemZ330384191321QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Woodcrafts?hash=item4cec6eaf59)

dai sensei
9th December 2009, 09:43 PM
:tongueroll::sssh:

artme
9th December 2009, 10:24 PM
:o:o and :whs:

hughie
9th December 2009, 11:51 PM
I think I will move to Queensland................:U , :C

Ozkaban
10th December 2009, 09:48 AM
My dad lives on the sunshine coast, and he's driving down for chrissy :rolleyes:

I think we're witnessing a hoarding hubby who has gone away for a fortnight, and a ebay-aware wife who has discovered a quick and profitable way of cleaning the yard up before he gets back :D:D:D

Cheers,
Dave

Ed Reiss
10th December 2009, 01:23 PM
hmmm...hate to be a buzz kill, but were they end sealed 20 years ago:? ...if not they might all be pretty damn checked:~

Rum Pig
10th December 2009, 01:50 PM
hmmm...hate to be a buzz kill, but were they end sealed 20 years ago:? ...if not they might all be pretty damn checked:~
You should still be able to get 1 or 2 pen blanks out of it:U

madcraft
11th December 2009, 08:53 AM
You should still be able to get 1 or 2 pen blanks out of it:U

Might even be able to get 1 or 2 of each species if your lucky probably need to be slimlines but

Swino
11th December 2009, 09:13 AM
I spoke with the son-in-law of the guy who owns the timber yesterday as I was thinking about getting it for my local woodturning club. The timber for sale is approximately 1/2 of the person's collection. He apparently spent his life working for forestries so brought home any timber that looked good. The timber is reported to have been sealed and in good condition. I am told that it was sorted prior to being placed on ebay with a significant amount that was cracked etc. being already dumped.

bowl-basher
11th December 2009, 09:29 AM
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
OH BUT TO LIVE IN QLD
That is as close to heven as you can get and still be breathing
BB

Rum Pig
11th December 2009, 11:55 AM
I spoke with the son-in-law of the guy who owns the timber yesterday as I was thinking about getting it for my local woodturning club. The timber for sale is approximately 1/2 of the person's collection. He apparently spent his life working for forestries so brought home any timber that looked good. The timber is reported to have been sealed and in good condition. I am told that it was sorted prior to being placed on ebay with a significant amount that was cracked etc. being already dumped.
Sound like a good deal then especially for a club :2tsup::2tsup:
I hope you get it keep us posted:2tsup:

Swino
11th December 2009, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure whether I will bid. My local club is in progress building a shed for timber storage so there is nowhere currently available to store it that is covered until the shed is finished. I fear if I did buy it that all my work would be wasted with the timber being outdoors for up to a few months and good timber wasted would be tragic.

I agree though that it would be a great opportunity for a local turning club to get their hands on what appears to be fairly decent dry turning timber.

texx
11th December 2009, 01:59 PM
was thinking of throwing a bid or 2 at this myself , but if a club wants it i will leave it alone ,
it will need to be cheap for it to be viable for me anyway i would be looking at an 12 hour drive round trip , course if it was cheap enough i would do it but need to consider probably 200 bucks fuel to go get it into the equation .

econovan and good size trailer once full what didnt fit would have to stay there

robyn2839
13th December 2009, 07:33 PM
just finished $315 pretty good buy for someone..i would think.bob

dai sensei
13th December 2009, 07:51 PM
Yep, the buyer should be happy. I reckon there was at least 3 huge trailer loads in the pile, so even cheaper than the standard firewood price :U