PDA

View Full Version : Elegant Beauty

bdar
10th December 2009, 12:03 AM
This Elegant Beauty is Blk TI and Platinum and has been dressed out in a piece of Tasmanian Eucalyptus Burl, which was then dyed green using U-Beauts water based dyes and then finished with CA. Comments welcome.

Darren

dj_pnevans
10th December 2009, 12:25 AM
Darren I like this one a lot, it looks like resin well done.
David

bdar
10th December 2009, 12:43 AM
David thank you for you comment. I guess it is the CA that gives it the resin look and feel, but at least i know it is durable as a finish. I have a work pen that is coming up to 5 years old and it is holding up well to the mistreatment it gets at work. The finish is as clear as the day it was applied and hasn't gone yellow like I have heard suggested it would after time. The dying process has been adapted over time to it's present form. I am very happy with this pen, I will have to find the photos of the blue one I did from the other half of the blank and post as well.

ciscokid
10th December 2009, 07:39 AM
I like that one a lot. Beautiful dye job on the burl and that was a good choice for platings for the pen. Nicely finished as usual. :)

Big Shed
10th December 2009, 08:03 AM
That is a very good looking pen, the eucy burl took the water based dye very well.

MBUMIK
10th December 2009, 08:22 AM
came up very good

i have been meaning to try dying some blanks myself, did you have to let the dye dry for long???

thanks for showing
MIK

Rum Pig
10th December 2009, 08:42 AM
very nice well done:2tsup::2tsup:

munruben
10th December 2009, 05:27 PM
Well done, the TEB really come up beautifully.

PenTurner
10th December 2009, 08:30 PM
Darren, amazing look, there is more than one way to skin a cat! Almost looks like a Resin blank. Amos:2tsup::)

gawdelpus
10th December 2009, 10:49 PM
Very nice indeed ,the permutations and materials available to dress a pen seem to be endless ,sometimes I wonder what to do with all my plain old blanks ,coloring maybe the answer hehe ,cheers ~ John :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

artme
11th December 2009, 12:21 AM
Excellent pen Darren!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I really like that!!:)

Simomatra
11th December 2009, 09:26 AM
I like that one very mucho Darren, great choice of kit and plating to the blank. Excellent finish as usual