PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Melbourne

wheelinround
11th December 2009, 11:01 PM
Have a wedding to go to on 14th February next year travel to Box Hill area for that. Then would like some ideas of places to go as possibly spending a few days there.

munruben
11th December 2009, 11:18 PM
Wrong direction mate. travel the same distance north and you would be nearer the mark.:) Feb 14 eh? approprieate for a wedding.

wheelinround
11th December 2009, 11:19 PM
Wrong direction mate. travel the same distance north and you would be nearer the mark.:) Feb 14 eh? approprieate for a wedding.

If you'd marry Liz we'd be there like a shot even make a PEN for the occassion:q

munruben
11th December 2009, 11:32 PM
If you'd marry Liz we'd be there like a shot even make a PEN for the occassion:qNow that's a bribe if ever I heard one. :)
What are you doing up at this time of night ? thought you good little boys were all in bed by now.:D

munruben
11th December 2009, 11:36 PM
Let me guess, Sue has locked you out of the bedroom again. You really should start behaving yourself Ray.:)

tea lady
11th December 2009, 11:41 PM
Have a wedding to go to on 14th February next year travel to Box Hill area for that. Then would like some ideas of places to go as possibly spending a few days there.:think: maybe another mini turnfest? :cool:

Calm
12th December 2009, 07:55 AM
:think: maybe another mini turnfest? :cool:

I most definitely second that as a good idea

Bring the wife as well Ray - we could try something new - maybe have A salad to go with the BBQ

Cheers.

wheelinround
12th December 2009, 09:24 AM
John you don't want to know :;

Nah looking for accommodation etc

TL & Calm :rolleyes: thanks for the thought guys, mid week you'd all be working.

Wedding is Sunday afternoon and evening reception, would be driving down Friday, Saturday pick up daughter * SiL at airport they are flying down & back.

Drop them at airport Monday morning then we are on our own.

Ferrry to Tassie was discussed Huon, Tassie Oak, Sassafras :U problem there is we may never return :no:

RETIRED
12th December 2009, 09:26 AM
:think: maybe another mini turnfest? :cool:

I most definitely second that as a good idea

Bring the wife as well Ray - we could try something new - maybe have A salad to go with the BBQ

Cheers.You can have it here if you want.

You been sniffing too much glue David.:whistling2:

tea lady
12th December 2009, 01:23 PM
TL & Calm :rolleyes: thanks for the thought guys, mid week you'd all be working.

:doh: :idea: Maybe we could have a "bludgers turnfest" :D

tea lady
12th December 2009, 01:24 PM
- maybe have A salad to go with the BBQ

Cheers.I've been thinking of getting a plastic one that I can just bring to everything and take home again. :cool:

Calm
12th December 2009, 02:39 PM
:doh: :idea: Maybe we could have a "bludgers turnfest" :D

Sounds like just my thing there are a few of us that are "available" during the week i think - GJ, Ern, Me, Jeff, (never does anything does he) TL, Allan at Wallan - i reckon we could muster a little crowd for Ray & Sue. Keep working on it TL

Note - dropping people at airport Monday morning - maybe a clue

Cheers

wheelinround
12th December 2009, 03:00 PM
You lot would throw a turnfest daily for any reason :roll:

Looks like a day at Puffing Billy is to be had so not sure if that would be Monday or what.

Don't get to enthuized please Sue is not one for driving in and around Melbourne sights of bonnet ornaments diving off trams or some such.

tea lady
12th December 2009, 04:26 PM
You lot would throw a turnfest daily for any reason :roll:

Looks like a day at Puffing Billy is to be had so not sure if that would be Monday or what.

Don't get to enthuized please Sue is not one for driving in and around Melbourne sights of bonnet ornaments diving off trams or some such.If you are doing Puffing Billy maybe you could drop in here? Not that I have much to show. :think: Although I do have my "new" tough lathe.:2tsup: ) Might have to have a clean up. :doh: Bit of a purple shed warming here perhaps? :cool: Or you can just sit on my deck and look at trees and have a cup of tea. (Might need a volunteer to wheel you up the drive though. :C )

Calm
12th December 2009, 04:36 PM
If you are doing Puffing Billy maybe you could drop in here? Not that I have much to show. :think: Although I do have my "new" tough lathe.:2tsup: ) Might have to have a clean up. :doh: Bit of a purple shed warming here perhaps? :cool: Or you can just sit on my deck and look at trees and have a cup of tea. (Might need a volunteer to wheel you up the drive though. :C )

Is this what you mean TL (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f17/big-deck-107224/)

Not sure Sue would like it but if that's what u want :?:?:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

tea lady
12th December 2009, 04:55 PM
Is this what you mean TL (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f17/big-deck-107224/)

Not sure Sue would like it but if that's what u want :?:?:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D well that was my subtle referance.:cool: I wasn't gonna go so far as to discuss and compare decks.:p

Allan at Wallan
14th December 2009, 10:08 PM
The kettle is always on the boil in Wallan.

Feel free to drop in (prior notice appreciated) and see the
local countryside on the way.

I can show you Pretty Sally Hill (scenes in film Mad Max were made here)
... what remains of Ned Kelly's home at nearby Beveridge
... the pretty valley in which the township of Darraweit Guim is found
... a short drive to the Black Saturday devastation near Wallan
... my vegie patch and fruit trees

..... but not my stash of wood.:D

Allan

wheelinround
15th December 2009, 08:13 AM
The kettle is always on the boil in Wallan.

Feel free to drop in (prior notice appreciated) and see the
local countryside on the way.

I can show you Pretty Sally Hill (scenes in film Mad Max were made here)
... what remains of Ned Kelly's home at nearby Beveridge
... the pretty valley in which the township of Darraweit Guim is found
... a short drive to the Black Saturday devastation near Wallan
... my vegie patch and fruit trees

..... but not my stash of wood.:D

Allan

Well that doe's it :no: good calling in then on the way home if I can't see the stash of wood :;