PDA

View Full Version : WOODWORKING QUIZ for 20 AUG 04

Ralph Jones
20th August 2004, 09:47 PM
Good Evening Friends,
In various parts of the country and world the side yard set backs for a building are different but the front set backs are pretty much the same.

Do you know what it is in the USA? Also what is it in the land of OZ?

Respectfully,

journeyman Mick
21st August 2004, 12:21 AM
No idea what it would be in the states, but here it depends on town plan/zoning. Where I am (semi rural area) a 6M setback is required, but obviously this will be differrent in areas designated for high density housing. Also older inner city areas have terrace houses that are built within a metre of the front boundary (and sometimes right on the front and side boundaries). Also some of the newer subdivisions have covenants in place regarding colours, materials, fences, pets etc. I'm sure there's some areas that have covenants in place to give a more spacious feel to an area and have even larger setbacks.

Mick

E. maculata
21st August 2004, 12:37 AM
Gidday fella's
other parts of town are different again but emoh ruo is supposed to be set back 7 m, and as Mick mentioned we have more covenants than a lawyer can poke a stick at, No front fence, pitch of roof, building exteriors must be.... etc etc. Luckily for us the bloke who owned & built originally was a Licensed Master Builder ;) (and tafe teacher as well) and ignored the really stoopid ones that defied common sense, and no-one has ever objected. Particularly not us, as a result we have a bigger backyard for the kids and dogs.

fxst
21st August 2004, 09:43 PM
the length of a cricket pitch in Oz?
pool table in the US?

Ralph Jones
21st August 2004, 09:49 PM
Good Evening Friends,
Thanks for the information about your building codes in the land of OZ.
I can see that as here in the good old USA things are alot alike as in your area. the 7M is about equal to our 25' set back minimum from the back of the curb if one exists. Should there not be a curd and gutter then the setback is from the academe edge. though I am writing the quizzes I also am learning about your different terms and codes.

Thank you for your support.

Respectfully,