PDA

View Full Version : Unusual pen from my PITH partner

Big Shed
13th December 2009, 01:00 PM
http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt145/peregrinefred/Pen%20Swaps/IAP%20PITH%20Pen%20Swap%20December%202009/IMG_1367.jpg

This is the pen I received from Jeff Powell (Workinforwood) in the 2009 IAP PITH pen swap.

As you can see it is rather unusual and whimsical.

I'll let Jeff describe it, as he is better at that than I would be:

It was a lot of work and I hope you really like it. After building it I was very sad to let it go. This pen really speaks to me. I know I have a big head and all...it's just who I am and the fact that I am always sought after and awarded for so many things makes me more egotistical. This isn't to say that I think my pen is the best pen and no one could do better..that's obviously not true. What I mean by what I say is that bee's are the humans of the insect world. Bee's exhibit the same sorts of traits. There is one ruler, the queen. 95% of the population is workers. 5% of the population is the attention seeking, big headed, egomaniac artists that do what they want when they want with the main goal being all about themselves. In many ways, that is me. The 5% go off on their own and explore, they find new things, new food sources, they dance, they gorge themselves. The 5% do however want to help out, but it's more for attention than anything else. When the worker bee's start to run out of honey, the hive rejects them...even berates them as losers, to the point that eventually they will not even be allowed to eat. The 5% see what's happening and now they can seize their opportunities to be superstars. They come back to the hive and start to dance. The dance tells the other bee's where they can go find more honey..the dance is a map. The bee that dances and gathers the most attention starts to convince the depressed bee's to get excited again. They then go out and get more honey and become hero's once again..until the cycle starts over again. It's a social exercise, very much the same as us humans have. Reading between the lines, you can see how I feel about myself. I'm not crazy of course, and not a super ego nut job..but I do have a bit of a big artsy head and do love to motivate people to push themselves to the next level. Hope that makes sense, and explains why this pen means so much to me. Enjoy!

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt145/peregrinefred/Pen%20Swaps/IAP%20PITH%20Pen%20Swap%20December%202009/IMG_1362.jpg

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt145/peregrinefred/Pen%20Swaps/IAP%20PITH%20Pen%20Swap%20December%202009/IMG_1363.jpg

PenTurner
13th December 2009, 03:16 PM
I think that pen has a bug in it:D!!better send it here to be checked out!:).
Wow, talk about being blown off your feet, both that pen and the pen you sent raises the bar in pens, Just fantastic, Amos:):2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

dai sensei
13th December 2009, 07:42 PM
This is yet another example of the amazing blanks Jeff does that push the boundaries of the imagination :cool::2tsup:

artme
13th December 2009, 09:59 PM
A beekeper' s delight!!!

That is one stunning pen!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

MBUMIK
13th December 2009, 11:14 PM
AWESOME,, you are very lucky,, i know a couple of bee keepers that would kill for a pen like that

MIK

gawdelpus
14th December 2009, 12:18 AM
Just "the bees knees" hehe, the mind boggles at what he had to do to produce that one ,it looks like it combines several aspects of the "art" in one pen ! top marks of course for originality and execution , cheers ~John :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Rum Pig
14th December 2009, 03:54 PM
I should have read this one first:doh:

WOW that man has talent I really like that you are a lucky man:2tsup::2tsup:

wm460
14th December 2009, 11:37 PM
Stunning you are very lucky to receive this pen.