PDA

View Full Version : stuff i've made these school holidays

Timber stacker
14th December 2009, 11:21 AM
I've been holidays for two weeks now, having just finished year <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.woodworkforums.com/ /><st1:metricconverter ProductID=</st1:metricconverter>11. In between making chicken at KFC I’ve been making these things. Pic one are some pens I made the middle one is blackheart sassafras, and the other two are segmented Pine and Jarrah. Pic two is a letter box which was meant to be my parents Christmas present last year, and not that you can see but it does have a turned handle. It's about 320mm wide. Pic 3 is a fairly simple river red gum bowl which is 160mm dia. Pic 4 is the clock I made out of a red gum slab, and I did use the lathe to cut recess for the mechanism, so it is sort of in the right section. It is 550mm x 300mm. Pic 5 is a notice board I made, its not tunning but here it is anyway. Pic <st1:metricconverter ProductID="6 in">6 in</st1:metricconverter> the mega novelty pen I made out of segmented Blackwood which is 800mm long. The final pic is a wooden beer bottle I turned out of red gum I think.

Gil Jones
14th December 2009, 11:35 AM
Well done group of woodworking and turning.
I like your bowl.
Gil

Woodwould
14th December 2009, 11:42 AM
:thyel: You've conquered skills some people many years your senior can't match - and your woodwork ain't half bad either! :U Keep up the great work.

Ed Reiss
14th December 2009, 12:44 PM
definetly headed in the right direction doing beer bottles :2tsup::D:D

Ozkaban
14th December 2009, 02:46 PM
That beer bottle is brilliant!

You could sell then if you didn't get nailed by the brewery for using their labels :rolleyes:
:drunk22:

Cheers,
Dave

TTIT
14th December 2009, 02:55 PM
I'm impressed :2tsup: - an 18 year old that is doing great work with timber and can actually write english instead of txt' :~ Maybe the planet isn't doomed after all. Keep at it Stacker :2tsup:

dai sensei
14th December 2009, 07:15 PM
I'm impressed :2tsup: - an 18 year old that is doing great work with timber and can actually write english instead of txt' :~ Maybe the planet isn't doomed after all. Keep at it Stacker :2tsup:

:whs::cool:

Ad de Crom
14th December 2009, 08:01 PM
Yes, you are very talented, very nice bowl, Verrrrry nice beer bottle,I always like beer bottles, nice pens.
Ad :2tsup:

beer is good
14th December 2009, 08:11 PM
i do like the pic of the Aston Martin on your wall. Could you make me one of them please out of steel and glass and aluminium and rubber.... you know - a replica.

Keep up the good work.

Manuka Jock
14th December 2009, 08:12 PM
That beer bottle is brilliant!

You could sell then if you didn't get nailed by the brewery for using their labels :rolleyes:
:drunk22:

Or , you could sell your promotional 'beer bottles' to the brewery :U

artme
15th December 2009, 05:14 AM
Haven't seen you here for a while TS, but what a comeback.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

All the work is of good quality and you should be proud of it.

What finish did you put on the letter box?

Timber stacker
15th December 2009, 08:22 AM
Thanks for all the good coments. The finish or the letter box is 4 coats of Haymes, general purpose clear gloss.

stuffy
16th December 2009, 06:23 PM
Nice work! :2tsup:
Good to have something to show for your effort. My boys waste all their time playing video games. :roll: