PDA

View Full Version : Best wishes for the festive season!

rsser
20th December 2009, 04:52 PM
Can I take this opportunity to wish this fine group of turners all the best for Xmas and New Year.

It's been another year of productive interchanges and offline meetings and comradeship.

One of the things I value about the turning forum is the number of experienced members who have initiated useful threads or provided informed replies to questions.

In particular, thanks to Neil, the forum owner, and to , the mod with the gentle touch (except when it comes to bowls :D ).

Thanks too to those members who have hosted or are about to host shed meets.

I also would like to say that I appreciate the participation of our overseas members, only one or two of whom seem to post only due to insomnia :wink:

Gil Jones
20th December 2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks, Ern!!!!
Merry Christmas plus a Safe and Happy New Year to you and all the other fine ladies and gents on this friendly forum. :)
Gil and Bunny Jones

RETIRED
20th December 2009, 05:30 PM
Can I take this opportunity to wish this fine group of turners all the best for Xmas and New Year.

It's been another year of productive interchanges and offline meetings and comradeship.

One of the things I value about the turning forum is the number of experienced members who have initiated useful threads or provided informed replies to questions.

In particular, thanks to Neil, the forum owner, and to , the mod with the gentle touch (except when it comes to bowls :D ).

Thanks too to those members who have hosted or are about to host shed meets.

I also would like to say that I appreciate the participation of our overseas members, only one or two of whom seem to post only due to insomnia :wink:Thank you Ern.
I echo those sentiments and hope that it grows throughout the following year.

Have a Safe Merry Christmas and New Year and if traveling remember that courtesy to fellow road users costs nothing.

rsser
20th December 2009, 06:33 PM
And from someone who found out the hard way, don't believe those rules about how to keep under .05 blood alcohol (if in Vic). They're not reliable.

Enjoy your Xmas drinks and then get a taxi home.

If you're at home, get a taxi to your lover's.

If you don't have a lover, have another single malt.

I could go on ;-}

Jim Carroll
20th December 2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks for those fine words Ern, It has been another glorious year on the forum and knowledge sent far and wide.

All the best from me and Irene to one all all and may the new year be a very happy one for all.

orificiam
20th December 2009, 07:43 PM
Best Wishes to everyone From Me as well.
Cheers Tony.:)

Tony Morton
20th December 2009, 08:23 PM
Hi Ern and the rest of the Forumites (Friends I've not met yet)

Yes thank you all for your imput into the forums it has certainly been enjoyable and benificial to to have taken part in this great medium of communication. Thank you to Niel and for the way this forum has worked this year. I would like to wish everyone the best of health and luck for the festive season, and may we all have a great year in 2010.
Long Curley Shavings to you all.
Cheers Tony

Grumpy John
20th December 2009, 08:30 PM
Well said Ern, merry Xmas and a safe and happy New Year to all. I would also like to add that if any of our overseas contributors are planning a holiday in the Great_Southern_Land they'd be welcome with open arms, we maybe even throw on a barbie :D.

:merrychristmas::santahat:

steck
20th December 2009, 08:57 PM
As a (fairly) newcomer to wood turning I would also like to endorse Ern's remarks.
The tips and help I have picked up through this and the other woodworking forums have been great. Often some one has already solved the problem and people here are friendly, helpful and willing to share their expertise.
Thank you all!

John Saxton
20th December 2009, 09:40 PM

I also would like to say that I appreciate the participation of our overseas members, only one or two of whom seem to post only due to insomnia :wink:

Ditto Ern, and also my own wishes to all and Sundry on another very fine year that the forum has been productive in a fine group of people putting forward their ideas,hopes and aspirations.

All the best for the coming year.

Cheers:)

China
20th December 2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks Ern, very well said take head and include yourself

Ad de Crom
20th December 2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks Ern, for your warm wishes.
Wish you all a Merry Chrismas and a blessed New Year, and thanks for the friendship.
Ad
:merrychristmas:

artme
20th December 2009, 10:18 PM
Well spoken Ern. your wishes are returned.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

All the best to all fro Christmas and the New Year from me also.
:merrychristmas::newyear::newyear::newyear::

efgee88
20th December 2009, 11:24 PM
To Ern and All, a Merry Christmas and Safe & Happy Holidays.

FrankG.

Poloris
20th December 2009, 11:41 PM
Iv'e had too much to drink , I thought it said best finishes for the Festive Season.
Best wishes to all anyway.
Poloris

joe greiner
21st December 2009, 12:13 AM
Amen and thanks, everybody. The 10-15 hour time difference is the source of the weird posting times, although insomnia sometimes works too.

Cheers to all,
Joe

hughie
21st December 2009, 12:16 AM
although insomnia sometimes works too.

and shift work as well :U

I also echo Ern's sentiments and look forward to the New Year and the forum with great expectation

Ed Reiss
21st December 2009, 07:29 AM
...and from yet another insomniac,
:merrychristmas: and a prosperous New Year:Party: to all !!!!!

From Ed & Ann in "Joisey"

bowl-basher
21st December 2009, 07:50 AM
I would also like to pass on my best wishes for the season
the knowledge and help that is freely given on this forum is nothing short of amazing
Merry Christmas all
Bowl Basher
:santajump:

Manuka Jock
21st December 2009, 11:01 AM
Cheers Ern . and the same to you and yours .
And to all of us here in this shed .
We are a rare comminity in this world , one that I treasure .

Kia ora kautau , katoa .

Slainte mhath,
Jock

rsser
21st December 2009, 12:42 PM
And re GJ's invitation +1.

But overseas members should note that his backyard video is a bit misleading. It's not him singing.

Ed Reiss
21st December 2009, 12:56 PM
...and here I was thinking that it was the way GJ looked and sang in 89 :roll::D:D

rsser
21st December 2009, 04:53 PM
Well he prob had hair in 89 ;-}

But then there was a lot of hair in the 80s.

Grumpy John
21st December 2009, 07:12 PM
Well he prob had hair in 89 ;-}

But then there was a lot of hair in the 80s.

Maybe '69, half way down my back. Peace love & happiness man :protest: :rockon:.

hughie
21st December 2009, 11:01 PM
Maybe '69, half way down my back. Peace love & happiness man :protest: :rockon:

:U sounds very familiar ................ the age of Aquarius :smokeing:

rsser
22nd December 2009, 06:13 AM
As they say, if you can remember it, you weren't there ;-}

Rum Pig
22nd December 2009, 08:56 AM
:santajump::merrychristmas: to one and all:2tsup:

Bob38S
22nd December 2009, 09:17 AM
Another year has almost passed, the group of participants continues to grow, the knowledge base grows broader, the humour comes thick and fast - I wonder what the poor people are doing?

Many thanks to Neil for providing this forum and to you all for your company and help.

Best wishes for the coming season however you choose to celebrate it and may you all have a prosperous, healthy and productive New Year.

Regards,
Bob

Ozkaban
22nd December 2009, 10:27 AM
bah humbug :q

:D:D:D

Wishing a Merry Christmas to one and all. Thanks to the forum sponsors for keeping this madhouse going. Really appreciate it. Don't know how I'd get through the working day without it and all of the contributions from everyone :2tsup:

Cheers,
Dave

NeilS
22nd December 2009, 03:58 PM
... and Season's Greetings to you too Ern, and everyone else who has contributed so much to the success of the forum during the year.

To those that can never get enough time to turn during the year, I wish you much shed time over the summer/winter break.

For those that are ready for a break from turning, I wish you a relaxing time doing other things for a change.

Texian
22nd December 2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks Ern and +1 pretty much what everyone said. Thanks to all for your friendship and acceptance! Who says time travel is impossible? You all (y'all) are 15-17 hours into the Future.

powderpost
23rd December 2009, 09:01 PM
My wife and I hope you all have a peaceful break and be blessed with good health in the new year. As the comedian, Val Doonigan said, may your God be with you.
Jim

jefferson
23rd December 2009, 09:29 PM
Yep, yup,

(that one's for our American friends)

Please all have a great break over the Xmas/ New Year.

Thanks to all my forum mates / friends. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: You all have been so kind.

Too many names to mention, but you know who I'm talking about. Far and wide. Qld, outback NSW and OS. Not to mention Victoria (where we are truly active). :D

All the best, be safe and make sure you are here this time next year.

Happy amateur
24th December 2009, 01:59 AM
May I also wish all of the forum members A Very Happy Christmas from a very cold and snowy UK.

By the way it was Dave Allen that had the catchphrase "May your God be with you"

Fred.

Texian
24th December 2009, 06:37 AM
What insomnia? I am sound alseep right now.

rsser
24th December 2009, 06:52 AM
That sounds like unconscious insomnia.

Key symptom is getting up in the morning feeling like you've had no sleep at all.

wally peat
24th December 2009, 02:53 PM
....and from all the lurkers like me who read and absorb the good bits from this forum in the knowledge that the post would not be improved by my contribution (yet), keep up the good work - it's a great source of encouragement and inspiration to keep turning. Best of the seasons to you Ern, all my christmases came at once when your stubby came to live at my place :-)

rsser
24th December 2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks, and good to hear from you Peter. Glad to hear my beast is still welcome chez vous.

tea lady
24th December 2009, 05:57 PM
. Best of the seasons to you Ern, all my christmases came at once when your stubby came to live at my place :-):2tsup: That's great to hear that it went off to a good home.

My turn to say Merry Christmas to everyone. You have all made me feel slightly less like I am working alone in my shed. Hope my silly questions haven't been to annoying. :C Hope next year continues in the same vein, only better. :cool: And I hope everyone gets the tools they want in their xmas stockings.:D

:santa:

rsser
24th December 2009, 06:24 PM
No such thing as a silly q TL. It's been great to see how far you've come with your turning. You have a great eye for design.

Hope Santa gets down your chimney with a thrilling tool ;-}

jefferson
24th December 2009, 07:19 PM
:2tsup: That's great to hear that it went off to a good home.

My turn to say Merry Christmas to everyone. You have all made me feel slightly less like I am working alone in my shed. Hope my silly questions haven't been to annoying. :C Hope next year continues in the same vein, only better. :cool: And I hope everyone gets the tools they want in their xmas stockings.:D

:santa:

Apologies from me too TL. I too ask many silly questions. :?

The VM 120 chuck just went running on the floor after turn=off. It was a nice little spin top too..... :rolleyes: Dunno what happened. Never happened before.

No damage done. Ego is low anyway. :wink:

Thanks to you all for your open friendship, advice, support and good advice. And from afar too - that's you Ed and Ad.

But you lot are costing me...... I am now addicted.

Please all stay safe and healthy. Best wishes from Annie and I here at Kiewa.

And enjoy your habit / addiction. I know I am.

philf
25th December 2009, 08:53 PM
I ditto what everyone else has said, great comments Ern thx. I also really appreciate all the time people put into helping people, great stuff, all the best everyone.