PDA

View Full Version : Might interest some.

RETIRED
23rd December 2009, 06:35 AM
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Stephen Mash
23rd December 2009, 06:59 AM
Thanks very interesting info
stephen:2tsup:

gawdelpus
23rd December 2009, 08:18 AM
Another method is always worth a look :) I think a lot of people can struggle with CA finishes that suits their style and needs,that one is nice and clear and explains itself very well , Cheers ~ John :D

PenTurner
23rd December 2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks , appreciate you passing that on.:2tsup::)
What struck me and has me thinking--"Don't use accelerator until CA is staring to go off" or "wait one minute before applying accelerator".!!!
For me who wants everything in an instant! and have usually just put the CA on then hit it with the accelerator, it was a revelation. I will try it.
However, I found that if I apply Thick or medium CA, and happen to put it on thicker than usual, if I wait- spirals develop and go hard and there is a more difficult time period getting them off. So if CA goes on thick, I quickly "accelerator" the blank so that the outside of the glue forms a thin hard skin and stops spirals from developing, then I wait a good minute or two for the CA to fully harden all the way through.
This depends on how thick you put on the CA, after the initial sealing like Russ shows in the video. Amos:)

lubbing5cherubs
23rd December 2009, 09:11 AM
That is awesome. Instead of that applicator he is using. Empty plastic bag that pen kits come out of are great hole fillers applicators too. just let the pen spin through the glue as well. I never ever used accelerator ever. What i use is just a fan blowing along the lathe bed due to allergy to CA. It makes it dry quick enough and a saving of not buying another product. that my 2c. now i will shut up again
Toni