PDA

View Full Version : postable or not

texx
23rd December 2009, 06:24 PM
just like to know what most people have found in selling pens such as the jr vic and such type of pen , do most people prefer the postable or the non postable or is it about even in popularity .

Ozkaban
23rd December 2009, 08:11 PM
I've always preferred postable, and all of the pens I've made where it's available have been.

Recently however, I've found that having the cap on the back of the pen is a real PITA (too unbalanced), so now I don't do it. I think I will give non-postable a go.

Cheers,
Dave

funkychicken
23rd December 2009, 08:16 PM
Postable isn't as fluid, (ugly) and as Dave said they ruin the balance of the pen

gawdelpus
23rd December 2009, 08:16 PM
A lot of that is personal taste, sometimes the pens are designed to be used without the cap, but can be a bit short in the larger hand :), also a matter of balance in some cases, some will not know what they like till they get it in hand and test drive it ,makes it hard to guess when doing "spec" pens hehe, I try to have a few of each to cover all the bases . The dayacom is an example of the longer bodied pen and can be postable or not, as the case may be . Sorry if that doesn't help much but its almost "how long is a piece of string " question , cheers ~ John :D

MBUMIK
23rd December 2009, 09:57 PM
i have made both and i must say that i prefer the non postable for looks, however just because the pen is postable doesn't mean that you have to post the cap when using it,

i will in the future make mostly the non postable purely for looks, but if someone wants they shall recieve

just my 2 bobs worth

MIK

texx
23rd December 2009, 10:09 PM
ok thanks for the replies guys , for me looking at them i prefer the non post because i think the thread detracts from the look of the pen, in the pictures anyway.
and i was wondering if in the postable if the pen was a bit heavy to use or in the non post a bit short .
so i am going to order just a few maybe in jr victor one of each from david and turn them up see how they feel .

BoomerangInfo
24th December 2009, 06:50 AM
The ladies at work always try to avoid any pens with separate caps, even if I tell them they are postable.

Myself, I use a Sedona FP, but I never post the cap for 3 reasons

1. As said above, it unbalances the pen
2. It's quicker and less painful to just hold it or put it on the desk for the minute or two I'm writing, then put it back on, rathe than screwing it on the back of the pen, then unscrewing it again.
3. For fountain pens, it's better to haev the cap off the shortest time possible, so posting takes longer.

The Executive I sold to my pen addict at work she originally had fears of losing the cap, but has since found otu it's not a drama, and the executives aren't postable.

Russell.