PDA

View Full Version : Timber sought

Eddie54
26th December 2009, 11:27 PM
:rolleyes:This is perhaps a little of topic so forgive me please.:?

I am travelling from Sydney to Melbourne end January, early February and I am looking for places where I might be able to get turning blanks, timber and such at a reasonable price. I am also interested in workshops, Galleries and such relating to woodturning.

I don't know the exact route yet but it will be the Hume Highway to just past Albury, then the Great Alpine Way to the coast and Melbourne. From there to the Morning Peninsula, Queenscliff and part way up the Great Ocean road. No Idea jet how I am going home again but probably along the coast to Bega then Canberra and Sydney.

Hope some of you can give some good suggestions:2tsup::2tsup:
Thanks Eddie54

bellyup
28th December 2009, 12:46 PM
G'day Eddie,
I'm a little further west that your route but if my memory serves me there is a great gallery at Bungendore, just north of Canberra. I think you'll find stuff by Richard Raffan and other master turners there as well as some other fantastic woody things - google it up and check it out, might be worth a slight detour.

Eddie54
29th December 2009, 12:28 AM
I take it your talking about the Woodworks gallery, if so Thanks it looks interesting. In fact the whole village does.

Eddie

rodent
1st January 2010, 11:51 PM
THE RED GUM GALLERY maroonda hwy Lilydale just over the top of the hill . The woodsmith wood and tools croydon lusher road . CWS Carrols wood turning supplies . And you might want to have a chat with the guys at Peninsula wood turners . And then drop in to see the axe wealding mongrel ( he's not that bad really , only if he dose'nt get his cupaa tea ) don't get the coffee in the sugar either . Any boddy else .:2tsup: