PDA

View Full Version : Pen swap 2010?

ldubia
27th December 2009, 05:51 PM
Any ideas on when this might become a possibility? I would love to participate and frame other peoples work to admire (and copy). :D

Sawdust Maker
27th December 2009, 09:54 PM
Hmm
haven't heard anything about one this year.
However I might be willing to do a swap

mick61
27th December 2009, 10:29 PM
G`day there is a bloke named:2tsup: SAM:2tsup: who loves to organise the AUSTRALIA DAY Pen Swap. I am sure:2tsup:(HOPE):2tsup: he is just waiting for people to start asking the Question before he fires up.Merry Christmas Sam :2tsup: (Simomatra):2tsup: and a busy NEW YEAR.(with the pen swap)
Mick:B

Touchwood
28th December 2009, 01:15 AM
We must be on the same wave length !! I too would like to participate in one, considered offering to run one, but as I'll be away from the 17th - 24th didn't think I'd have time to organise one for Aussie Day. Will happily help organise if people think they can commit before say the 15th.

They are so much fun.

JD

ldubia
28th December 2009, 07:44 AM
We must be on the same wave length !! I too would like to participate in one, considered offering to run one, but as I'll be away from the 17th - 24th didn't think I'd have time to organise one for Aussie Day. Will happily help organise if people think they can commit before say the 15th.

They are so much fun.

JD

I am happy to participate in one on ANY occasion, say a day that ends in Y. :D Does anyone else want to get involved? There doesn't have to be any special occasion does there?
I will take this on if people want to do this. I will limit to first 40 people.
As far as rules, let me know if there should be some or if we should leave it open to everyones own creativity. As for picking partners, I will pull them from a hat so they will be totally random.

Let's do this thing!
Larry

Simomatra
28th December 2009, 08:18 AM
This year I am sorry to say I will not be able to organize the usual Australia Day swap.

I am still struggling to even get on the internet and have not had much time with pens recently. Hopefully things will get better in the New Year.

If some one wants to take up the reins I am sure they will get a good response. Last year we had approx 114 pen makers take place from I think 7 countries.

Australia Day is a good day to run it.

Happy New Year to you all I hope 2010 is a good year for you

mick61
28th December 2009, 08:59 AM
I`m in but I don`t have the time to run it.
Mick:D

ldubia
28th December 2009, 09:57 AM
I`m in but I don`t have the time to run it.
Mick:D

I am wondering what must be done to "run" a pen swap other than gather interested parties, their info and matching them with someone. I am volunteering to run this if I can do so. I may have questions and it may not be on "Aussie" day. I live in the USA.

Anyone want to help me out here?

Larry

PM me if you have suggestions or whatever. I am excited about doing this.

Simomatra
28th December 2009, 10:15 AM
notice there is a large pen swap also operating on the Canadian site see
Pen Swap - A Penturner's Paradise (http://penturnersparadise.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=4223)

Fireguard
28th December 2009, 01:17 PM
I'm always interested in Pen swaps, its always interesting to see what other guys are producing..

ldubia
28th December 2009, 01:27 PM
I have not been in one yet and am thrilled to see what others are doing with their work. There are a lot of very creative people n this world and many of them are pen turners. The rest settle for something else. :D

Touchwood
28th December 2009, 06:07 PM
Anyone want to help me out here?

Larry

Hi
I have been in the ones organised by Sam: he had people register
1. that they wanted to be in it
2. whether they wanted local (same country) or OS ( a different country) - the main reason was possibly to accomodate people who were unable to pay the more expensive OS postage.

People then made a pen of their choosing to swap with their partner. It was entirely up to each individual if other things were included in the swap.

I would suggest if people wanted an idea of what was swapped they could look at the old posts in pen swap threads.

The only other really useful thing to stipulate to participants might be an end date - all pens must be / should be posted by .... I know I work better under pressure!!!

I would love to be in it, happy to do more than one partner if you need extras and happy to do local or OS.

JD

ldubia
28th December 2009, 07:15 PM
:U Ok then...I am going to post a new thread on the forum announcing a pen swap run by me. :D:D:D

Those who wish to participate to register with me by Jan 25, 2010.
The swap will conclude by March 31.
Please vote for local or multiple countries. (I live in the US and I will participate.)
Participants may may the pen of their choice and include whatever they feel is appropriate to ship to their partner.
Please vote if you would like a theme for this swap.

I will set up a spread sheet with participants names to keep track of the people involved.
Does this sound like a reasonable idea? :2tsup:

If I get enough positive response from this message, I will post in the morning announcing the swap.

Larry Dubia
Mystic Woods Creations

I may not always be right but I am never wrong.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful.

Rippa
29th December 2009, 12:17 AM
Im in if this goes ahead local or OS suits me :2tsup:

Rippa