PDA

View Full Version : Lumber Bunker

groeneaj
30th December 2009, 11:35 PM
Hey,
I have been trying to call lumber bunker the last fews days with no luck. I take it their on holidays, does anyone know when they are going to re open for business?

Andy

fubar
31st December 2009, 12:23 AM
they are gone check this out http://www.woodworkforums.com/f12/woodworking-sale-closing-down-108939/

groeneaj
31st December 2009, 01:21 AM
What a pity, the site looked as if they had some great timber. Looks like i'll contact loggerheads. Anyone know when they are reopening?

OR

anyone know of any good hardwood suppliers in Melbourne, I googled it didnt come up with anything.

Andy

Slashbot_427
31st December 2009, 09:21 AM
Hi, you don't say what you are using the timber for... but Im assuming more than construction grade pine.

There's Matthews Timber in Vermont,

Australian furniture timbers in Plummer st port melbourne( there s a bunch of recycled timber places in Plummer st as well).

Bowerbird Saved Timbers in Yarra juction.

Try using the google maps search page- brings up business directly, with locations.

Google Maps (http://maps.google.com.au/)

groeneaj
31st December 2009, 11:53 AM
Hey thanks for that, i'll give them a call on Monday.

I'm after some hardwoods, for box making. I need some really thin pieces for dividers (about 5mm.) I'm thinking about biting the bullet and just buying a thicknesser so I can get them to my desired size myself. Also I just bought some hardwood that are of a various thickness, so it will come in handy there.

Andy

Lumber Bunker
31st December 2009, 12:48 PM
groeneaj,
we have closed the retail shop it is true.

We have changed the structure of the Lumber Bunker and are now only open by appointment or by chance.

We now sell the same great timbers, and flooring directly to our business customers and others. Shoot me an email and we'll see if we can help.

Steve
The Lumber Bunker

groeneaj
31st December 2009, 02:34 PM
Email sent, thanks Steve.

Andy

groeneaj
1st January 2010, 06:41 PM
Are you "reopening" your online shop on Monday?

groeneaj
8th January 2010, 05:04 PM
Sorry to sound annoying, but does anyone know when lumber bunker is opening? I'm waiting to get my project started, im after:
1x length of Jarrah board 1.2m of 150mmx20mm
3X lengths of Jarrah thin timber 90mmx10mmx400mm
2x lengths of 300x300x approx 8-12mm (using it for lid and base)
1x length of 300x200x8-12mm

I'd like them dressed, although I have just recently purchased a jointer (thicknesser coming soon) and i'd like to practice before I use it on expensive hardwood.

Andy