PDA

View Full Version : Setting up LS17

ozhunter
31st December 2009, 04:14 PM
Hello and happy new year.

I'm in the process of mounting my LS 17 to my router table.

My router is offset to the outfeed side of the table.

In the destructions, it says to mount the carrier centred on the table, but their router is centred.

Should I mount it in line with the router or centred it on the table?

Thanks

oz

Big Shed
31st December 2009, 04:18 PM
I have only ever seen the Incra fences mounted centred to the router, but then I hevn't seen a router off-set to the outfeed side of the table either.

Perhaps a pics and some relevant measurments would help people to give you advice?

Congrats on getting an Incra LS17, great tool:2tsup:

ozhunter
31st December 2009, 05:54 PM
Happy New Year Big Shed

The the centre of the Woodpecker Uni Lift plate is offset to the out feed side by 52mm from the centre of the Pro router table, the opening was in the table when it came to live with me (from Grahame at PWS).

The centre of the plate is 310mm from the left edge of the table (standing on the in feed side).

This is all your fault anyway. I was inspired by your thread about your LS17 and router table.

I have been taking a few pics along the way and I'll post them once I finish the table

Big Shed
31st December 2009, 06:08 PM
Don't blame me, I won't take responsibility for any foolishness carried out by forum members:no::D

Had a look at the PWS site and saw the 1100x600 router I think you are referring to.

Don't know why the router plate would be offset by 52mm, there is probably a good reason, but it escapes me.

I can that offset creating a problem with the Wonderfence opening if you don't centre the LS17 to the opening of the plate. If you don't have the Wonderfence I don't think it would matter.

Suggest you ask Grahame for advice, he's the expert.

Oh, and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

ozhunter
31st December 2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks Fred

My first thought was to ask Grahame, but he has had the hide to take time off just when I needed him :D

I have looked and read and have come to the conclusion that I will centre it to the router. If I can hold out long enough, I will ring Grahame next week before I do it.

As a by-the-bye, your table saw, the TS10L, are you happy with it.

Cheers

oz

Big Shed
31st December 2009, 06:23 PM

Cheers

oz

Does the Pope wear a beanie, does a bear.........................:D:D:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

ozhunter
31st December 2009, 06:29 PM
That's good to hear. Down the track, that will probably be my next big acquisition.

Cheers

Adam (ozhunter)

Gwhat
5th January 2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks Fred

My first thought was to ask Grahame, but he has had the hide to take time off just when I needed him :D

I have looked and read and have come to the conclusion that I will centre it to the router. If I can hold out long enough, I will ring Grahame next week before I do it.

Cheers

oz

The Type C table is offset so that you can have more room on the infeed side, where you are setting up and clamping the workpiece to the Right Angle Fixture or holding pieces flat on the table. The workpiece is well supported on the outfeed side so this can be shorter.

Ideally the LS should line up with the centre of the router, but the fence can be offset from the Positioner if required.

I hope that this helps. BTW the short break was great.

Call me if you have any other questions.

Regards

Grahame

ozhunter
5th January 2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks Grahame. In the finish that's what I did. I looked at the DVD again and went from there.

cheers

oz

PM sent Grahame