PDA

View Full Version : Hogmanay

Manuka Jock
31st December 2009, 10:01 PM
Pour yourselves a dram for the seeing the old year out , and the New Year in folks

:Party:

Ed Reiss
1st January 2010, 01:25 AM
need a hell of a lot more than just a dram to forget '09, :tequila::beer::drunk22::cheers2:

Happy New Year MJ :D

artme
1st January 2010, 02:22 AM
Gotta agree with Ed!!

`twasn´t all bad however, just a fair bit of it.

dr4g0nfly
1st January 2010, 03:13 AM
That's a nice looking Quaich - what is the wood.

Manuka Jock
1st January 2010, 05:21 AM
That's a nice looking Quaich - what is the wood.
Thanks Dragon.

The wood is Silver Birch. The length is under 150 mils , thats' a 6" board its' sitting on
I've had a few goes at doing these . My object being to do it entirely on the lathe , so getting the multiple turning sequence right has been the fun part .
This is the first one to get to this stage .
Now all I have to do is get the center right for the spindle turn , so that I don't have to whittle down the rim :rolleyes:.

The dark center is from me mounting the split log on the worn screw back to front ....... a production stuff up became a design feature

powderpost
1st January 2010, 08:58 PM
I took up your offer on new years eve Jock. We were in Scotland last year (2009) for Robbie Burns birthday anniversary, in a small town in the highlands. We were very privileged to participate in a traditional family activity. The haggis was piped in and a full recital of Burns ode to the Haggis recited. We also participated in a toast using a traditional Quaich. Have to confess there was more than a "wee dram" of whiskey of unknown parentage, but it was very easy to cope with.
Jim

China
1st January 2010, 09:48 PM
Bliadhna Mhath ur ( Happy New Year)