PDA

View Full Version : Circle cutting with router

zelk
6th January 2010, 12:44 PM
I decided to make a attachment for my trusty Makita router, to cut circular holes from 30 to 400mm diameter. The attachment also allows it to connect to my Festool dust extractor.

I have had my Makita for 15 years and just couldn't make it redundant by buying a Festool trimming router which has provisions for dust extraction. You will note that the dust hose attachment can be attached above or below the platform.

I was prompted to make the attachment as I was sick and tired of dust. Recently I used it to cut holes in melamine surfaced particleboard, to make wyes incorporating blast gates, another thread.

Although it is not foolproof, it does collect 75% of dust. You will note a small piece of timber in the channel next to the cutter which stops air from being drawn from this area, improving dust control. The drill bit acts as a pivot and can be position at either end of the sliding arm.
Zelk

chrisb691
6th January 2010, 01:03 PM
That's a well thought out jig....well done. :2tsup:

zelk
7th January 2010, 01:24 PM
That's a well thought out jig....well done. :2tsup:

Thanks Chris

Zelk

Bob38S
11th January 2010, 12:11 PM
Looks really good - I especially like the above/below hose attachment.

The Ajax S&W is used for?

Regards,
Bob

zelk
18th January 2010, 09:42 AM
Looks really good - I especially like the above/below hose attachment.

The Ajax S&W is used for?

Regards,
Bob

Thanks Bob,

The Ajax S&W was used to remove my boy's grafitti left on my beautiful white laminex bench top, the little buggers know how to tease me.

Bob38S
18th January 2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks Bob,

The Ajax S&W was used to remove my boy's grafitti left on my beautiful white laminex bench top, the little buggers know how to tease me.

Nah, just being helpful Dad. :2tsup: