PDA

View Full Version : You be the Judge and Jury

Les in Red Deer
6th January 2010, 03:53 PM
Which one of these two Black Titanium and Platinum Sierra Elegant Beauties with Shredded Canadian Five Dollar Bills look the best?

The first one has the blank and tube painted Mat Silver/Grey.

The second one has the blank and tube painted Mat Black.

Les

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4205/elegantbeautyblacktitan.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1074/andshreded5dollar.jpg

Rum Pig
6th January 2010, 03:55 PM
Mat black for me:2tsup::2tsup:

But can I say both look very good:)

Pat
6th January 2010, 04:04 PM
Silver/Grey for me. The black just jumps out at me and spoils the lines of the pen.

BoomerangInfo
6th January 2010, 04:11 PM
I suspect the grey would look better IRL, but in the photo, it makes the whole pen look almost the same colour, and the money almost vanishes. The black is a bit too dark for me, but based on the photo, I'd probably pick it.

Russell.

PenTurner
6th January 2010, 04:32 PM
:2tsup:The black one from the photos, Amos:)

petersemple
6th January 2010, 05:03 PM
I suspect you will find some like one, and some like the other. Sell em both!!

wolften
6th January 2010, 05:14 PM
...#2 matt black for me...

Glenn

Penpal
6th January 2010, 05:24 PM
:2tsup::2tsup:The second pen has the sharpness to go with that shmick kit and is standout better as impact creates in your mind clean and cut immediately.

The second pen becomes abstract needing a very clever guess as to what it is made of.

Whats in a title or descripion or name in this case everthing for me.It sets the pen up as downright unique.

The indistinct pen without knowing the content would be judged as pretty,more like modern art you either hate it or love it to distraction.

The love of my life is an accomplished artist at viewings 50 yrs and more ago when she exhibited a lot we used to mingle with the viewing hordes and found the anonymous comments heard often pretentious and sometimes pure BS in the assumptions being drawn about the authors, authors intent etc.

Subjectively it is this way with your two pens even the most definitive explanation of material used brass treatment, kit construction how many coats,finishing techniques,
exclusivity will still result in a number of replies such as great, beautiful etc. Very few will give the reason for their choice in truth because they are driven by different devils
and we none of us seek to be the odd one out.

Now I venture to commit to either pen is a great example of your craftsmanship, trite though it sounds beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally I would never display the two together in a shotgun approach it can create
schools of thought and mugs like me who feel obliged to give time and considerable costs in appraisal when asked, a source of many sleepness nights. Never one to sit on the fence I want to thank you for being so brave as to submit yourself this way.

The care parcel I sent to you I went completely overboard with I put my money where my mouth is the tracking number is RQ011978455AU left here on the 4th of January posted with Australia Post registered to you. When it arrives send me a pm, I will give you a full explanation and background to enable you to match them the way you do.

Your pens remind me of my first colour TV in the seventies I was stoked. My latest TV I am estatic cause it at long last satisfies the quest for sharpness of detail, contast and downright excitement whilst watching cricket as I write Australia has come through in graphic detail from the certainty of defeat and with replays etc and electronic aids it creates a true pic of this wonderful spectacle that is cricket. Now some real unfairness happened and was incorrectly judged and correctly appraised but for me with great majority we all receive vicarious satisfaction watching. You on the other hand need to know that kick ar--- quality of yours marks you as a craftsman.

Kind regards Peter.

corbs
6th January 2010, 07:58 PM
Based purely on the photo I'm on the black horse (grey one looks good too though:D)

munruben
6th January 2010, 08:03 PM
Black one for me too. :2tsup:

HazzaB
6th January 2010, 08:24 PM
Hey Les,

The Black for me Thanks (If you have a spare) :D

HazzaB

MBUMIK
6th January 2010, 09:03 PM
i like the silver, just to be different, but then again i am different

MIK

Sawdust Maker
6th January 2010, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure but I'll give you AU$5 for each of them :D

OK if I'm pressed I'd pick No 1 as I like the way the blank and the kit harmonise.

Do you make the blank yourself?

If we did that here in Aus we'd run the risk of breaching the law by defacing the currency:((
and they have the hide of putting a picture of someone else's monarch on some of our currency - now that's defacing

...(now watch the feathers fly :D)

Les in Red Deer
7th January 2010, 03:46 AM
I'm not sure but I'll give you AU$5 for each of them :D

OK if I'm pressed I'd pick No 1 as I like the way the blank and the kit harmonise.

Do you make the blank yourself?

If we did that here in Aus we'd run the risk of breaching the law by defacing the currency:((
and they have the hide of putting a picture of someone else's monarch on some of our currency - now that's defacing

...(now watch the feathers fly :D)

No, I didn't cast the blank.

You can get Canadian Money Blanks from Wolftat (at IAP).

Bruce119 (at IAP) sell US Money Blanks.

It is against the law in most countries to deface currency.
We can buy old worn paper currency that is shredded by the Canadian mint.

Les

wheelinround
7th January 2010, 07:45 AM
Silver/Grey for me. The black just jumps out at me and spoils the lines of the pen.

:o Pat posted in the pen section ............Kiewa must have had a bigger effect than I thought. :q

I like both Les :2tsup::2tsup:

but I am a bit worried that you have to much money to be able to tear up 2 $5 bill's. In Australia you'd be in breach of breaking the law doing that, tearing them up not having to much of it :; people just hate you for having to much of it.:U

wm460
7th January 2010, 02:12 PM
The black one for me.

rhossack
7th January 2010, 02:19 PM
Les ... it's really hard to pick without proper visual aids therefore I suggest you send the Black one south of the border for proper visuals :D

nice:2tsup:

Ozkaban
8th January 2010, 01:27 PM
The black one looks more dramatic (may be helped by the more sparse shreds of the note). But for my money (boom-boom-tish :D) I'd go for the silver grey one - it looks more like a bit of shredded money. The second one could be any paper, IMHO.

Cheers,
Dave

orificiam
8th January 2010, 09:20 PM
The Black for me as well.
Cheers Tony.:2tsup: