PDA

View Full Version : New Toy

Ed Reiss
7th January 2010, 02:52 AM
Got a post Xmas surprise from the LOML :o ...an 8" (210mm) Jet grinder:U

Definitely a step up from the 6" sparky that has been in use since the early 90's. The Jet runs so smoothly that there is almost no vibration which makes the grinding "chore" so much easier and results in better grinds.

Now I have to think of something really nice for Ann's upcoming B'day ...hmmmmm, maybe a riser block for the bandsaw :) :D :no::no: yea, right, like that would work out without my swift demise!!! :doh:

Ad de Crom
7th January 2010, 04:52 AM
Ed, congratulations with this jet grinder.
I hope Ann got a big hug from you, and don't forget to buy her a nice present for her birthday.
Ad

Texian
7th January 2010, 04:52 AM
Yeah, have similarly been wondering how my wife would like a nice 16" or 22" thickness sander. Would be happy to keep it in the shop for her and maybe test run it from time to time to be sure it stays in good condition. Happy new grinder Ed.

wheelinround
7th January 2010, 08:05 AM
Nice Ed :2tsup: she even risked snow blindness to get it I presume

Ed the cheapy grinders have some crap wheels on them now you can turn it into a buffer system.

Allen Neighbors
7th January 2010, 11:15 AM
Good deal, Ed!! You'd better hang onto her!! She's a definite keeper!. :)

RETIRED
7th January 2010, 12:53 PM
Grinder or wife?:D

Ed Reiss
7th January 2010, 01:02 PM
Ed, congratulations with this jet grinder.
I hope Ann got a big hug from you, and don't forget to buy her a nice present for her birthday.
Ad

Ad, I actually gave her 2 hugs ...used up a whole year and a half quota :;:D

Yeah, have similarly been wondering how my wife would like a nice 16" or 22" thickness sander. Would be happy to keep it in the shop for her and maybe test run it from time to time to be sure it stays in good condition. Happy new grinder Ed.

:U

Nice Ed :2tsup: she even risked snow blindness to get it I presume

Ed the cheapy grinders have some crap wheels on them now you can turn it into a buffer system.

No snow blindness involved Ray ...she ordered it from Amazon.com. It was really cool when UPS delivered this 70 pound package, Ann wasn't home and I told the UPS guy that I had'nt ordered anything and wasn't expecting any deliveries. Had our address on the box though!

Great when stuff like that happens:2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
7th January 2010, 09:01 PM
good stuff

I put a wire wheel on my 6" when I upgraded and I plan to add the buffing wheel soon! :D

Years ago with 1st wife (short marriage that one :p) I discovered that she had purchased me a porcelain figurine for christmas. Beauty, I thought, :D I bought her a little makita router. Funny I still have and use the router (some 35ish years later) :doh::U. Can't quite picture the figurine though. I think of her fondly every time I use the router :no: actually it might have been a circular saw, oh well :doh:

KenW
7th January 2010, 09:01 PM
Edd, you did well getting the grinder for only a couple of hugs. New machines usualy cost me diamond rings in return.

Sawdust Maker
7th January 2010, 09:04 PM
Edd, you did well getting the grinder for only a couple of hugs. New machines usualy cost me diamond rings in return.

Yeah
but you get the latest tormeks :q

hughie
7th January 2010, 09:12 PM
Its all good Ed, Shes coming round, you may get your topside shop yet. :U

RETIRED
7th January 2010, 09:32 PM
Edd, you did well getting the grinder for only a couple of hugs. New machines usualy cost me diamond rings in return.Lack of training in the early years?:D

Ed Reiss
8th January 2010, 01:08 AM
Its all good Ed, Shes coming round, you may get your topside shop yet. :U

Right...like that will ever happen, a snowballs chance in western australia!!!

Lack of training in the early years?:D

her's or mine?:D

hughie
8th January 2010, 04:28 PM
..like that will ever happen, a snowballs chance in western Australia!!!

Are Global freezing........

her's or mine?:D Hers of course :U